Review of My Real-Life Rom-Com

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Review of My Real-Life Rom-Com

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Real-Life Rom-Com" by Carrie Berk.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"My Real-life Rom-Com: How to Build Confidence and Write Your Own Relationship Rules" by Carrie Berk is a book that gives comprehensive details about the author's romantic and socially adventurous journey, which commenced at an early stage of her life. Each chapter gave comprehensive details of her love experience and their turnout. She later discovered she had generalized anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder. What was the outcome of her love life? Was she able to overcome her mental illness? Read this book to find out.

First, I admired how the table of contents was properly and simply displayed with appropriate pagination relative to each chapter represented in this book. Also, I love how the introductory section was portrayed, giving an overview of what to expect from the commencement to the ending part of the narration. Also, another aspect of this book I admire is the author's transparency; she didn't present herself as being perfect but was able to give an exhaustive record of both her flaws and strengths, prompting me to have more regard for her. I was exposed to the concept and relevance of self-love, as loving others comes with the act of loving yourself first. I derived joy from the suspense that comes with the possibility of her relationship working out in each chapter. Moreover, I was educated on some social media trends as well as how to identify, prevent, and overcome stress and anxiety.

There was nothing I disliked about this book, as I commend the attributes of her parents, especially the mom, for being supportive, accessible, guiding, and lenient in making her explore her love journey in her way. Her experiences exposed her even at an early stage in life, as it is often said that "experience is the best teacher." This also made her a stronger and more independent woman capable of making decisions and taking responsibility. However, I learned from the numerous relationship tips illustrated in this book, preparing me for my next love journey.

In the course of reading this book, I can confidently say that it was professionally edited. The story was written in simple grammatical terms, which made it easier for me to comprehend. Therefore, I'm giving this book a rating of five out of five stars, as I found it very interesting.

My recommendation goes to people interested in working out their relationships; there are rules in this book that will help you do that. Also, parents and guidance counselors should have a copy, as practical ways to help your ward through the tough times in their affairs are found here.

My Real-Life Rom-Com
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Stan Chapter
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stan-chapter.html
Latest Review: Prosperity Gospel by Roger Smalling

Post by Stan Chapter »

Properly I could outline that this book would be an interesting read from the review. Would look forward to reading the book. Thanks for the honest review
Zaid Dharolia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Zaid Dharolia »

see that you'd like to share your real-life romantic experience for a review. Please go ahead and provide some details about your story, and I'll be happy to review or discuss it with
Zaid Dharolia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Zaid Dharolia »

Cringe worthy was the first thing to come to mind. The writing is pretty bad, full of cliches and tired plot points. How many coincidence's can someone stomach and stay interested in the film. The cinematography, lighting and locations are fine. The editing is uneven at best and the sound track feels really cheap. The acting is certainly not A list. The casting is another big problem, Eliza is clearly miscast and is not very believable in multiple (if not most) situations. I kept waiting for something actually funny to actually happen. The supposed tension from the competing romances is contrived and predictable. It only takes about twenty minutes into the film to have it all figured. This movie is in my opinion a waste of time.
1 out of 2 found this helpful
Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

I'm never sure about real-life romance books. They can either be really interesting and helpful, or full of cringe that I feel uncomfortable reading.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Nenye Charles »

I like and enjoy reading books with an appropriate table of contents. It makes everything look so organized and arranged. You did a great job at writing this review. Thanks for a job well done.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

I like and enjoy reading books with an appropriate table of contents. It makes everything look so organized and arranged. You did a great job at writing this review. Thanks for a job well done.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:

Post by Nenye Charles »

Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

I like your review, it's distinctive and it really portrayed that this book will be an interesting one.
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

I wish I can find this book and read it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”