Review of The Hyrax Song

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Review of The Hyrax Song

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Hyrax Song" by Catherine Ann Russell.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This is book two of The Pearls of Wisdom Series: Stories Inspired by a Biblical Proverb. In this book, we follow an uncanny and diverse group of friends who love going on adventures together. A mouse, a toad, an owl, and a mighty steed complete the group. During the first book, Pond of Reflection, the group of friends learned that your worth comes from your inside and not what is on the outside, and that everyone has their own unique set of qualities.

The group of four met a new friend called Mr. Badger, also known as a rock hyrax, and he lives in the rocky crags on the High Western Mountain with his kind. He came to give an urgent message to the king of an unknown army approaching his realm. This started a new adventure to find out who this army is and what they want. Are they a danger to the kingdom? What new obstacles will this team face?

I enjoyed the images that were scattered throughout the book. Some were black and white, while the colors on others were bright, and all the images were clear. I loved learning more about each of the different friends, from how they look to the sounds that they make.

I didn't spot any errors while reading, and it definitely has a learning curve to it. I would say that this book has been perfectly edited. This is a great book for children aged 10 years and up. There was nothing that I disliked about this book, and I can't wait to read it to my five-year-old or the books that follow it.

I would rate The Hyrax Song by Catherine Ann Russell a perfect 5 out of 5 stars as I found absolutely no reason to deduct any stars. This series would be an excellent book to bring into schools for primary learners. This book isn't just about learning about animals and friends, but also who you are on the inside.

The Hyrax Song
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alexander Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: The Broken House by Burgess Mitchell and Dr. Lindsay Mitchell

Post by Alexander Victoria »

I like that phrase; your worth is not measured by what’s on the outside, but what you have inside of you. I hope more people can know this. Good review!
Miracle Oge Adaeze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-oge-adaeze.html
Latest Review: The Maple Seed Helicopter by Marco Collina

Post by Miracle Oge Adaeze »

Looks like there is a lot to like about this book. From the scattered images to the different colors in which they appeared. Thank you for the review.
Marina Flisvou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Marina Flisvou »

It's evident that you thoroughly enjoyed this children's book and appreciated its various elements. Your review provides valuable information for parents and educators looking for engaging books for young readers.
Marina

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”