Carter Kane or Percy Jackson.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphne-asir.html
Latest Review: WALK TALL - create your own self-confidence by Ki Is Your Host

Re: Carter Kane or Percy Jackson.

Post by daphne_asir »

nanglada wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 23:12 Probably because I've had more time to connect with Percy, I adore him way more than Carter. However, I do think that if Rick Riordan wrote more books about the Kane Chronicles, my love for Carter could grow.
Sadie was awesome too! I loved the dynamic and the sibling's relationship! Riordan is an extremely talented writer.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

AlicinWelsh wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 14:03 Tough call actually. I would have to go with Percy because I felt more of a connection with him. It could have been because he had more books out though. The Kane Chronicles are a great read, and I loved Sadie, but the PJ series is better all the way around.

I loved Sadie as well! So glad someone finally mentioned her! The series was that much better because of her.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

briellejee wrote: 01 May 2018, 09:12 I first read the Percy series before Kane Chronicles. They both have different aspect I like. For example, Kane chronicles has more humor. Egyptian gods are also interesting. Carter as a character is like percy, only a little childish. Percy on the other hand is much more relatable and not to mention Riordan did a much more better character development to him than Carter.
So true! I read the Kane chronicles because I was done with pj series. Just couldn't get enough of it!
Shirley Jackson
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

PERCY JACKSON!! I love the character; not only in the books but the movies too.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

i like Percy better. Carter was a bit too annoying to me but Percy was very relatable.
Brett Linette
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brett-linette.html
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by Brett Linette »

I've only ever heard of Percy Jackson, and while I've never read any of the books, I did enjoy the movie.
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

While I love Percy, I also love Carter! It’s hard to choose between such different characters, but I personally enjoyed reading the Kane Chronicles over the Percy Jackson series. I liked Carter’s dynamic with Sadie and the world of Egyptian mythology is so fascinating to me. I think Carter is similar to Percy, but seemed to be a little more calculated in his decision making. Both are great characters though!
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”