Carter Kane or Percy Jackson.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lady-of-Roses
Currently Reading: Courting Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 23

Re: Carter Kane or Percy Jackson.

Post by Lady-of-Roses »

I would go with Percy because when I was smaller I would feel connected to him and how his life goes and how he deals with it
Erin Painter Baker
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Luke and Luka: Genius Kid Heroes by A.D. Largie

Post by Erin Painter Baker »

Vscholz wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 15:21 ..... (Sidenote: I LOVED the Magnus Chase series!)
Magnus Chase is my clear winner.

For some reason, I was never really able to get into the Kane books. I read the first one, but don't think I made it even half way through the second.
Outside of those, I've read all the Riordan books, except that latest in the Apollo series, because my library doesn't have it on eBook.
iced_sunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iced-sunshine.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by iced_sunshine »

Kane Chronicles for me definitely. I felt the characters were more fleshed out in that series and Carter Kane seemed more mature than Percy Jackson which appealed to me more.
Brittneydrew6
Favorite Author: V.C. Andrews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
fav_author_id: 2869

Post by Brittneydrew6 »

Percy for me, definitely! I love all the books about him, and I still enjoy when his character comes up in some of the newer books about Apollo. (I even tried to be an extra for the movie because it was shot here in Nashville. I was incredibly bummed that i didn't get to be a part of it.) I still reread these books from time to time because I love Percy. He seems real to me. He's relatable.

The Kane books were good. I appreciate how well Rick Riordan can make mythological Gods interesting and entertaining. However, I didn't like Carter Kane nearly as much as Percy Jackson.
ronmathewalx
Currently Reading: Exiles' Escape
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronmathewalx.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by ronmathewalx »

Percy Jackson has a ton of Books, Carter Kane has only a few. That's what makes the difference. If Carter had way more books, he could have a chance :?:
I have read nearly all Percy Jackson books and I am with Percy on this one. :geek2: :geek2:
nanglada
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanglada.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by nanglada »

Probably because I've had more time to connect with Percy, I adore him way more than Carter. However, I do think that if Rick Riordan wrote more books about the Kane Chronicles, my love for Carter could grow.
MK_Lexington
Favorite Book: S.
Currently Reading: The Magician's Nephew
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mk-lexington.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by MK_Lexington »

Percy Jackson. Although I enjoy the rest of Rick Riordans' books, PJO will always be my favorite. When I read books without Percy as the main character, I can't enjoy the books as much because I wind up missing the original trio of Percy, Annabeth, and Grover.
Nabiha 8117
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nabiha 8117 »

I feel like both books are really good. Rick riordan has good taste in writing books after all. If I had to compare I would chose Percy Jackson as the books are just better. I m not criticizing Kane chronicles but Percy Jackson just has a better plot line
VSuraj
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsuraj.html
Latest Review: Justice by Scott Hughes

Post by VSuraj »

I like them both. Percy has the advantage of being around longer, so he has more stories. It might take some time, but Carter will grow on you eventually.
I really like the Kane chronicles, but it's obvious that Riordan wanted to further develop the Greek/Roman plots.
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic - J.K. Rowling
Grace Bela
Currently Reading: Jesus Calling
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-bela.html
Latest Review: Moon Luck by Wayne Scott Harral

Post by Grace Bela »

As much as I was obsessed with Egyptology as a child, I always preferred the Percy Jackson series to the Kane Chronicles. I found The Lightning Thief to be so engaging and loved the anticipation for new books once Riordan announced the Heroes of Olympus series. Likewise, I feel like learning about Greek mythology is more common than Egyptian mythology. I've definitely applied my knowledge of Greek heroes often in doing things like interpreting poetry. Overall, the broad scope of the Percy Jackson books along with their subject matter was just more interesting to me. That being said, this discussion does make me want to revisit the Kane Chronicles because I realize how much of the plot I've forgotten.
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphne-asir.html
Latest Review: WALK TALL - create your own self-confidence by Ki Is Your Host

Post by daphne_asir »

Wasif Ahmed wrote: 29 Sep 2016, 05:54 Which one do you like more?

For me it would definitely be Percy Jackson as he can control water in his normal form whereas Kane has to take the form of Horus to reach the pinnacle of his powers.
Both the series were awesome. I would love to be in either of the worlds but if I get to choose I'll live at camp half-blood!!
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

Grace Bela wrote: 15 May 2020, 17:32 As much as I was obsessed with Egyptology as a child, I always preferred the Percy Jackson series to the Kane Chronicles. I found The Lightning Thief to be so engaging and loved the anticipation for new books once Riordan announced the Heroes of Olympus series. Likewise, I feel like learning about Greek mythology is more common than Egyptian mythology. I've definitely applied my knowledge of Greek heroes often in doing things like interpreting poetry. Overall, the broad scope of the Percy Jackson books along with their subject matter was just more interesting to me. That being said, this discussion does make me want to revisit the Kane Chronicles because I realize how much of the plot I've forgotten.
Rick Riordan has managed to tie all the books together. Right now it's just one world and it all makes sense now. But I agree with what you mean by broad scope for Percy Jackson.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

VSuraj wrote: 14 May 2020, 23:48 I like them both. Percy has the advantage of being around longer, so he has more stories. It might take some time, but Carter will grow on you eventually.
I really like the Kane chronicles, but it's obvious that Riordan wanted to further develop the Greek/Roman plots.
I wish the Kane chronicles got more attention! I loved Those characters as well. Sadie was awesome! So was Anubis.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

Nabiha 8117 wrote: 10 Mar 2020, 04:38 I feel like both books are really good. Rick riordan has good taste in writing books after all. If I had to compare I would chose Percy Jackson as the books are just better. I m not criticizing Kane chronicles but Percy Jackson just has a better plot line
Riordan was also able to develop the series further. I mean it has had two spin-offs following the original. That's amazing!
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

MK_Lexington wrote: 05 Mar 2020, 15:14 Percy Jackson. Although I enjoy the rest of Rick Riordans' books, PJO will always be my favorite. When I read books without Percy as the main character, I can't enjoy the books as much because I wind up missing the original trio of Percy, Annabeth, and Grover.
I completely understand! I felt the same way, I couldn't enjoy the first two books of heroes of Olympus at all!
Shirley Jackson

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”