Review of Quantum Edge

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ams Strong
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ams-strong.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher

Review of Quantum Edge

Post by Ams Strong »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Quantum Edge" by Aries Blackstone.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A brilliant, multitalented woman named Ladonna is poised to take over the reins of Quantum Innovations, one of the leading companies in quantum computing research. The mood in the meeting room of the board of Quantum Innovations when welcoming their new CEO is a mixture of curiosity, apprehension, jealousy, and glee. While Ladonna’s academic and professional accomplishments, including her stint in the Department of Defense, are laudable and worthy of recognition and reward, not every board member thinks she deserves to be at the helm of their company. A board member, Robert, thinks he deserves to be the CEO and tries to convince others that Ladonna is unqualified for the job. Quantum Edge by Aries Blackstone is a thrilling and suspenseful story about the fierce battle between Ladonna and Robert as they try to get an edge over each other using underhanded methods, wits, the power of AI, corporate espionage, and swaying as many board members in their camp as possible. Who will emerge victorious in leading Quantum Innovations, Robert or Ladonna?

This story is principally about Ladonna and Robert, two fully-fledged characters with opposite temperaments. On the one hand, Ladonna is calm and confident and relies heavily on her mental abilities to navigate the treacherous landscape of her workplace. On the other hand, Robert is a calculating, agitated, and mendacious person who wouldn’t miss an opportunity to put his coworkers down for his selfish interests.

Although the title of this book suggests it contains a lot of science content related to quantum physics, I was pleasantly surprised by how few and superficial the technical details in this book were. Some passages discuss qubit temperature stability, a potent AI capable of instantaneous data transfers and language translation, but these technological feats are mainstream ideas that are easy to understand.

I rate this book five stars out of five. I enjoyed the character development in this book, the author’s selection of engaging words, and the fierce rivalry between Ladonna and Robert. This book is well-edited, with no profanities or violent content. There is only one kissing scene in this book. I have nothing negative to say about this book. I recommend it to readers of all religions.

Quantum Edge
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

This sounds like a high-suspense book from your review, for which I applaud the author. Industrial espionage can be quite dull, but it appears you enjoyed the book.

Definitely one for the to-be-read pile.

Great review.
Kirui Collins
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

The characters of Ladonna and Robert are very diverse. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”