Review of Dragons of the Sun

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jimmy Cyprian
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Review of Dragons of the Sun

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dragons of the Sun" by Esmerelda Heartly.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In "White Castle," in the etheric dimension of Illumin, a faraway magical planet, a promising phoenix, Helios, with the guidance of Mikael, the powerful mage, and the help of others, sets out on a journey to rescue his love, who has been kidnapped by a cunning dragon. Along the way, they encounter many dangers, including getting trapped in a place where their magic is useless. They must overcome these challenges and face a war between light and darkness, all while trying to save the White Castle against evil plotted by King Raz.

I like the character of Strawberry. She was just so delightful and filled with excitement at almost all times. I also liked the character of Siriun. His bravery and smartness make him stand out. I also like the writing style of the author. I feel nothing but empathy for the character, Raz. I mean, after having lost his mother and then, later, his father, I think he was just filled with rage and the need to do better than his father.

I do not understand why the author, Esmeralda, made the content of each chapter so little while making the number of chapters so large (up to 122). The author made use of so many grammars, even when it wasn't necessary. Just to describe a particular scene, he would make use of a whole lot of grammar. Also, as the story progressed, quite a few new characters were introduced. They were just too much and almost unnecessary. For the reasons I mentioned above, I will deduct a star from the overall rating of the book, hence rating it 4 out of 5 stars. However, due to the errors I found being minimal, I can boldly say that the book was edited professionally.

I recommend Dragons of the Sun for readers who enjoy heroic fantasy, magical adventure, and stories about fights between light and darkness. The story is an exciting one with fewer profanities, which makes it especially suitable for young adult and teen readers. The setting is also unique and imaginative, with a mix of medieval and magical elements, which I believe will pique other readers' interest just as it did mine.

Dragons of the Sun
View: on Bookshelves
Kirui Collins
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

The way the author brought out the characters with different personalities is fascinating. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”