Review of Broken & Betrayed I

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Review of Broken & Betrayed I

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Broken & Betrayed I" by Lydia Simms.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Despite our best efforts, we often end up becoming a shadow of ourselves rather than experiencing life to the fullest because we do not possess all the necessary knowledge. Before making any decision relating to a relationship, whether professional or not, we should ask ourselves questions about how it would affect us. Broken and Betrayed Book: A Shocking Heartbreak, written by Lydia V. Simms, is a young adult book that uses the life of a Christian family to enlighten us on vital moral lessons.

Kenneth Elrod and his wife Sandra have a daughter, Julissa, whom they raised in fear of God as he was a reverend and leader of the church. They encouraged their daughter to manage money responsibly, and the family participated in charitable activities whenever possible. Mrs. Holly Oakley and her teenage daughter Cindy were new neighbours who had moved due to a fire that destroyed their previous home. The Oakleys were present the following Sunday in church when Reverend Kenneth talked about raising children to be unselfish, fearless, and prosperous. One day, Julissa found that her mom sneaked out with Cindy at 3 a.m., and she and her friend Anthony decided to investigate, so I suggest you get a copy of this book to share and find out the reason for Sandra's suspicious behaviour.

This book appealed to me for many reasons, starting with its numerous moral lessons. The importance of God's love in children's lives is emphasised in this book, as is how it would help them live a godly life. The way charity work was presented in this book also promoted humility and the desire to support people who are in need. Kenneth and Sandra trained their child well, making her money-conscious and not lavish. There are many more moral lessons from which young adults would greatly benefit, and I encourage parents to get a copy of this book by Lydia Simms.

I found no reason to dislike this book, and because of this, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I encountered very few errors while reading this book, which didn't affect the book's flow as it was on the introductory and dedication pages. I recommend this book to children between the ages of 13 and 17 because they are the ideal ages for this book.

Broken & Betrayed I
View: on Bookshelves
Shumane Jacob Mokwevho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shumane Jacob Mokwevho »

The way charity work was presented in this book also promoted humility and desire to support people who are in need.
Ahmed Elswify
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ahmed Elswify »

Inspired me about humanity & the importance of the human connections
Yasmine M
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

Thank you for your review. Looking at the title I expected a whole different story, but it turns out this story is better than I expected. It seems there is a lot to impact and many lessons about relationships.
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-falle.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”