Review of Adolescence and Dragon Slaying

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: The Foundation for Peace by Patrick J Roelle, Sr. / Mr. Pat

Review of Adolescence and Dragon Slaying

Post by Robert Andrew »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Adolescence and Dragon Slaying" by O. Possum.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Examining stories about gods, magic, spells, and mythological creatures captures our imagination and opens up a world of limitless possibilities. We travel beyond the mundane and explore the amazing worlds of fantasy through these enthralling stories. The attraction of these tales is their capacity to expand our perceptions, enabling us to picture realms in which gods possess incredible abilities, magic molds, fates, and legendary creatures. One of these tales that broadens our perspective to include a realm of mystical possibilities is in this book.

Adolescence and Dragon Slaying, written by O. Possum, is a young adult mildly LGBTQ fiction that centers on the romance between two mystical beings named Quentin and Elton. Quentin was a Siren who was selectively silent, while Elton was a Solra. How did the two young men's love blossom?

When it came to magic, discretion was paramount. Elton struggled to hide his true identity from people, which put his siblings and his safety in jeopardy. Also When Quentin realized that he could blow up a fire hydrant with his voice, it worried him. What becomes of these men at the end of the story is found in the book.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. My three favorite characters in this novel are Quentin, Weasel, and Aurora. Aurora's remarkable combination of compassion and courage makes her a noteworthy character in this tale. Throughout the story, Aurora's character comes to life as she deliberately uses her magical powers to protect her best friend, Elton, and her brother, Quentin. Quentin's character shines too because of how he accepts Elton for who he is. In a society where acceptance can be hard to come by, Quentin's persona speaks volumes about the power of love, which unabashedly celebrates each person's individuality. The fact that Weasel, Quentin's adoptive father, loved and accepted Elton as his son even though he wasn't human, was equally amazing. I love how Quentin and Elton's love was protected and supported by their family members. Reading this book was an amazing experience.

The book is exceptionally edited. I want to thank the author for giving the world access to this great work. I rate this book five out of five stars because of the remarkable lessons in it. I recommend it to readers of mystical stories.

Adolescence and Dragon Slaying
View: on Bookshelves
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for providing such a thorough and enthusiastic review of Patricia Conroy's "Mockingbird Moon". Your observations regarding the book's captivating plot, outstanding visuals, and educational value are useful to future readers. It's encouraging to learn how the author was able to pique people's interest in nature and bird watching. Your personal connection to the narrative, together with the recommendations for different audiences, gives dimension to the review. Excellent job conveying your passion!
Sakshi Bhageria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-bhageria.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Sakshi Bhageria »

Hey Robert, thank you for the detailed review! I find that it is not always easy to represent young adult fiction, and appreciate that you went into not the just the plot of the book but also the underlying emotions.
Great to read!
Sakshi Bhageria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-bhageria.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Sakshi Bhageria »

Hey Robert, thank you for the detailed review! I find that it is not always easy to represent young adult fiction, and appreciate that you went into not the just the plot of the book but also the underlying emotions.
Being able to picture other realms is always a treat, and your review has convinced me to give it a go. :D
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

This review provides a positive assessment of the book "Adolescence and Dragon Slaying" by O. Possum. The reviewer praises the captivating fantasy elements, intriguing characters, and the themes of acceptance, love, and protecting each other. The book is described as well-edited and recommended for readers who enjoy mystical stories. Overall, this review indicates that the book is a good read.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”