Review of One Out and Won Back

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Review of One Out and Won Back

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "One Out and Won Back" by Arnold van der Vegt.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

After suffering a loss, it is easy to let life's difficulties take over and lose sight of the meaning of living. Keeping in mind that family is priceless and that we should cherish every moment spent with them, we should find ways to look ahead and find motivation to move forward. Arnold Van Der Vegt's One Out and Won Back: A Novel is a young adult novel about the Sparks family.

Life had not been the same for Ed after he lost his wife, Elsie and his job too. He was in deep grief, and he had sought work for a long time, but all efforts came back negative. He and his wife had two children, Jeremy and Melissa, and this new development had made a once peaceful and happy family sad. Ed had become drunk, and this made children mock Jeremy for his father's attitude. Ed finally decides that he will join Alcoholics Anonymous to stop drinking. He knows it won't be easy, so he sends Jeremy and Melissa to their uncle's place for Christmas. Get a copy of One Out and Won Back to know what awaits these siblings at the Plyborn Farm.

This book is interesting because it brings to life the amount of love that should be shared within families. The fact that Melissa and Jeremy assisted their father was sentimental. I learned about a few animals I was unaware of before, such as the Budgerigar birds, and this book contains a lot of information about horses and some terms like trotters, square gaiting and many more. The young siblings were also smart enough and played a huge role in adding meaning and life to this storyline. Lastly, there are many moral lessons that would impact young adults, which I could assimilate.

I had no reason to dislike this book, so I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars. I also encountered no errors while reading it, proving it was perfectly edited. I recommend this book to individuals who love a family tale with a touch of mystery.

One Out and Won Back
View: on Bookshelves
Sofeeka Richards
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sofeeka Richards »

The book speaks about something thing that happens in people life daily,an show that people try to get over there addiction
Farhan Patel 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Farhan Patel 1 »

I started reading this book when I felt too weak. It gave me new enthusiasm. It's a great book called "One Out, Won Back."
Last edited by Farhan Patel 1 on 30 Jan 2024, 03:08, edited 1 time in total.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The Sparks family's journey through loss, redemption, and the role of love in overcoming challenges sounds like a heartfelt narrative. The inclusion of animals, particularly the mention of Budgerigar birds and insights into horses, adds an intriguing layer. I'm curious to discover how the siblings, Jeremy and Melissa, contribute to the storyline and what awaits them at Plyborn Farm. The promise of moral lessons and a touch of mystery makes 'One Out and Won Back' a must-read for me.
Harriet Kajuju
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harriet-kajuju.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Harriet Kajuju »

It is hard to be a father, but then it's harder to be a father and a drunkard. How can you offer and demonstrate unconditional love to your children without fretting over potential judgments about your own life choices? It's an intriguing topic worth exploring.
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

The review provides a positive perspective on Arnold Van Der Vegt's novel, "One Out and Won Back." The reviewer highlights the importance of family, the touching portrayal of the Sparks family, and the educational aspect of the book with regards to animals and horses. It also mentions the moral lessons and recommends the book to those who enjoy family tales with a touch of mystery. Overall, the review indicates that the book is a good read with a rating of 5 out of 5 stars and no errors in editing.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”