Review of Alex and Izzy Save the World

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Review of Alex and Izzy Save the World

Post by Clauson Justin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Alex and Izzy Save the World" by Elle Zhee.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Alex and Izzy Save the World is a young adult science fiction novel written by Elle Zhee. The book follows seventeen-year-old Alex Mejia and her best friend, Izzy Checon, as they are forced into an adventure involving superpowers and clandestine organizations.

Alex Mejia is a hard-working high schooler who is best friends with Izzy, a socially awkward girl. One day, Alex manifests superpowers and injures fellow student Betty during an altercation. This forces Alex and Izzy to run from the law. But the law becomes their least problem when their mysterious and powerful school counselor, Missy Garcia, is also after them for some reason. Alex gets help from a man named Marlon but can he be trusted? Will Missy Garcia capture the duo? Find out in this interesting novel.

I thoroughly enjoyed several aspects of this book. The character interactions, particularly those involving Izzy, were exceptionally amusing. The dialogue was straightforward, making it easy to follow and comprehend. The book adeptly addresses issues related to social acceptance, evident in the interactions between Betty and Lupe with Izzy. The author also does well to humanize the characters by showing their vulnerabilities and insecurities. This was seen in characters like Missy Garcia and Marlon. The pacing of the book is commendable, with none of the chapters feeling dragged out.

My least favorite thing about the book was the number of chapters. The book had seventy-six chapters, which could have easily been twenty-five chapters considering the book's moderate length. Overall, it did not alter the quality of the book. The chapters seemed quite short. But this was not a sufficient reason to affect my rating anyway.

I found no errors in this book. It was properly edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars for all the reasons already stated above. I recommend it to lovers of young adult science-fiction books.

Alex and Izzy Save the World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

The review of "Share Alex and Izzy Save the World" is overwhelmingly positive, highlighting the engaging character interactions, relatable vulnerabilities, and well-paced storyline. The reviewer also compliments the straightforward dialogue and seamless editing. With a 5 out of 5 star rating and a recommendation for lovers of young adult science fiction, it appears that this book is a must-read.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The dynamic character interactions, especially with Izzy, sound incredibly amusing. The straightforward dialogue and the book's adept handling of social acceptance issues caught my attention. I appreciate your insightful review, and it's got me eagerly anticipating the adventures of Alex and Izzy.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”