Review of Shepherd’s Crossing

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shiru Elizabeth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: From Flames to Valor by Jose L Berrios

Review of Shepherd’s Crossing

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Shepherd’s Crossing" by Janet Hardwick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Christian novel Shepherd's Crossing by Janet Hardwick follows Shay, the lone child of a tax collector named Justice. Shay was a miraculous kid born to Martha, a woman you could consider a standard proverb's woman. Shay lived in Jerusalem until an event occurred that put his life in jeopardy. Will he survive and be able to move on with his life, or will he end up dead? Learn more by reading this book.

He awakens in a brand-new world that is quite unlike the one he knew growing up after being saved by two shepherds, Zeke and Eli. As a token of appreciation, he has adjusted to his new life and is helping the shepherds with their sheep. As he assists the shepherds, he meets Hannah, a stunning woman who makes him happy. Is she the one he will marry? And can he repay the two shepherds who saved his life by helping them too? One more intriguing feature of the novel to anticipate.

This intriguing book by Janet Hardwick focuses mostly on second chances, how to let go of the past, and how to accept the life we are in right now. This is demonstrated by Shay's journey from a wealthy youngster to a shepherd. It was enjoyable to read and see how each character evolved as the plot grew. I sincerely liked how each character was developed. Zeke is one intriguing figure that springs to mind. He didn't particularly like Shay at first, but after Shay put his life in danger to save a sheep that had fallen into a ravine, he started to warm up to him.

I have no doubt that Christians would like this Christian tale. It also discusses David and how, after killing his neighbor and having an affair with his wife, he was given a second chance at life. Because he took responsibility for his actions, learned from them, and moved on, David is a beloved biblical figure among Christians. In addition, David was a shepherd who eventually came to lead the Israelites.

Not many mistakes caught my eye when reading this book. Although it didn't affect the plot, the editors should nonetheless give it a look. I think there is a lesson to be learned from this book, which is intriguing to read for people of all ages. However, Christians will find it very comforting because it discusses their faith. I give this book a five-star rating overall. A quick read full of suspense, love tales, lying, and much more will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Shepherd’s Crossing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

This review presents the Christian novel Shepherd's Crossing by Janet Hardwick as an intriguing and enjoyable read. The plot focuses on second chances and accepting the present, with well-developed characters and an engaging storyline. The book explores biblical themes, such as David's redemption, making it comforting for Christians. It is described as a quick read, full of suspense, love tales, and intriguing elements. Overall, this review suggests that Shepherd's Crossing is a good book worth reading.
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

The inclusion of a Bible story in this Christian book makes it more captivating. David was a man who received a surprising second chance. I would love to see how Shay uses his second chance.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”