Official Review: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody by AA Freda

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Re: Official Review: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody by AA Freda

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Sounds like a story that many people can relate to. At some point in life some of us have either moved to a new city, began a new job, went to a new school, and just tried to fit in. On doing so some of us had to deal with peer pressure, even seal with bullies. This book is taking a real life approach, and some of the topics are hard to hear about , like raping a drunk teenage girl. I'm not sure if I will read it because of some content. However, congratulations on BOTD.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

A. A. Freda's Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody is a #Contemporary #YoungAdult novel that follows Joey's #ComingOfAge and #Adventures while growing up in an Italian immigrant society in USA. It has underlying themes of abuse, betrayal, friendship, love, sex, and tragedy.

I have not decided whether to read or bypass reading this book. Thanks for the review.

#Teen #Immigrants #Nostalgia
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

This should be quite an intriguing read related to the story of teenagers surrounded by different aspects of society like hate, crime, religion, etc. Thanks for the review!
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book has been associated with young adults. I think inculcating morality is the most important task in the brought up of any child. It is the strength of character, belief and fear of God that passes you from all phases of life successfully. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Sanyesto »

One of the things I enjoyed about the book were the characters; Joey and Spike.This book is very strong and full of real life problems.I'm interested in it. It is dramatically narrated like story in real. The review is comprehensive as well.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

Although the book seems to be targetting young adults, I still think Joey and Spike's story could be of interest to mature readers too. For example, I'm curious to read more about immigrants and the immigration experience. In this case, I'd also like to find out who Rudy Kazoody was and what was his connection to Spike. Thanks for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Nickson94
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nickson94 »

This is an enjoyable book to read. The main character and narrator here, Joey is a teenage Italian immigrant boy that arrived newly in New York City. During transformative, rebellious era of 1960s, Joey is a member of the black knights headed by his cousin, Spike.The book begins with a simple dream sequence well presented that immediately grabs the reader's interest, and then continues down the rail to give the richly complex tale that comes after. Friendship, integrity, honor, young sexual escapades among others are the main ingredients that occupy Joey's recollations. The counterpart of tenses between past and present is used by A.A. Freda in the book to lend an impressive vividness to his writing. A.A. Freda defies convention somehow to make his technique work so well. This style is good and very effective giving a vibrancy to the telling that moves the story along quickly. Very recommended to read!
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

Nowadays, we really need books that tell about the mistakes teenagers to make, and the effects those mistakes can bring in our life. Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody by AA Freda is a book which shows us the reality of our society. I loved the book.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I wasn't really into coming-of-age and YA stories when I was actually a teenager, but now that I'm in my mid-twenties, I definitely have a greater appreciation for them. I'm especially interested in this book because of the diversity which seems to be represented in it, and I think the topics explored would be useful for older teens and adults alike. Your issue with who is narrating the book reminds me of a similar issue people have with the narrator of The Great Gatsby not actually being Gatsby, but maybe the point is to look at the larger-than-life person from an outsider's perspective. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Amyra27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amyra27.html
Latest Review: Triplicity by J Mercer

Post by Amyra27 »

The book sounds promising for YA readers but it may interest mature readers too. The plot and story is well written. The book showcases the struggles of teenagers in everyday life. I would be looking forward to reading the whole book.
Latest Review: Triplicity by J Mercer
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-harebate.html
Latest Review: Family Honor-III by T. O'Neil Charity

Post by Rose Harebate »

"Under Spike’s wings, Joey experiences a summer full of friendship, first love, sex and ultimately tragedy." The plot seems interesting indeed. I'm thinking of adding this book to my cart. Nice review!
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Planning for a Better, Greener Future by Peter Nelson

Post by Fazzier »

Thank you for this informative review! I think I'll enjoy reading this YA book.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1901
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Goodbye Rudy Kazoody by AA Freda' is the reflection of the story of the book.The theme of adolescent life is very well portrayed in the review. The words are descriptive! The readers would want to read the book reading the review!
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

Read the review and it didn't moved my interests. Too infamous for me. Maybe i am fainted of heart. Congrats.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

A book with a realistic plot and themes relevant to teenagers. It seems like a good one.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”