Review of Life Lessons and Tales of Little MisFIt - Book 2

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lisa P Cowling
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The one that kills you by Rick Rothermel

Review of Life Lessons and Tales of Little MisFIt - Book 2

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Life Lessons and Tales of Little MisFIt - Book 2" by Dr. SK Grunin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life Lessons and Tales of Little MisFit: Book 2 by Dr. SK Grunin centers on the life of Ivy Sue, also known as Little MisFit. Through her daily life experiences, she learns that life isn’t always rosy for us. From her mother cutting her hair short so as to save money to being punished by her teacher for something she had no hand in and continuously getting passed down things from her sister, life wasn't precisely 'fair' to Ivy. However, she realizes from her dad that life will never always be fair. You simply need to make the most of what you are given.

With barely over a hundred pages, this book is easy to read, yet it contains some profound lessons. I thoroughly enjoyed every page and always anticipated the next chapter. Dr. Grunin's use of language is very accessible to everyone, ranging from toddlers to adults. With her detailed descriptions and my use of imagery, I would say I went to school and learned a new life lesson from the author. Her stories brought back long-forgotten memories. Very much like Little MisFit, I was also once punished by my teacher for something that I didn’t do. I burst out in laughter, seeing how she got back at him. I could never have dreamed of doing that to my teacher. I really enjoyed that chapter because I could relate to it. Something else I connected with was the life of the younger child. Just like Little MisFit, the majority of the things I own were passed down from my elder sister. My inner child was happy for her when her dad got her a new bike. She felt blissful in light of the fact that she wouldn't need to lag behind her brother and sister when they went bike riding. I like the central message of this book: life isn't always fair, but we must always make the most of what we have.

Little Misfit is a great model, I must say. The relatable events her character portrays will help kids realize that things that may puzzle or bother them in their own experience may be universal. Her character teaches life lessons in such a fun, personal way. Yes, life might not really be fair to us, but we should remember to always make the best of the situations and opportunities that life throws at us.

I rate this book a 5 out of 5. It is well edited, as I found no grammatical errors in it. I didn't remove any stars because there was no reason to do so.

I recommend this book to both children, teens, and adults who wish to relive their childhood. If you are like me, your inner child would enjoy this book.

Life Lessons and Tales of Little MisFIt - Book 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The relatable experiences of Ivy Sue really caught my attention, especially the chapter about overcoming unfair punishments. Your excitement and connection to the character make me anticipate the heartfelt lessons and joyous moments within the book. Thanks for sharing, and I'm looking forward to reliving some childhood memories through this charming read!
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

The review gives a positive assessment of "Share Life Lessons and Tales of Little MisFit: Book 2" by Dr. SK Grunin. The reviewer enjoyed every page, found the language accessible, and connected with the relatable events and life lessons shared by the character of Little MisFit. The central message of making the most of what we have is well-portrayed. The reviewer rates the book 5 out of 5 and recommends it to children, teens, and adults looking to relive their childhood.
Liza Kithinji
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Liza Kithinji »

The review exudes an important message.The book”Share Life Lessons and Tales of Little Misfits Book2 is filled with educative stories.IvySue has to go through a lot due to known circumstances and finally gets to learn a lot from it.The viewer rewards the book a 5 out of 5 and recommends it for teen and young ones because it’s filled with life lessons and cultivate skills to deal with them.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”