Review of The Fearless Foursome

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Americas Revival by Kathryn Garten and Christopher Garten

Review of The Fearless Foursome

Post by Merits Anih »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Fearless Foursome" by Howard K. Pollack.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Danny, Hooker, Slobba, Sandy, and Gramps were excited to go on their annual fishing trip. Even though Danny is always afraid of many things, he wouldn't let his fear stop him from having the fishing experience. Sandy and Slobaa were Gramps's grandsons, while Hooker and Danny were friends, but Gramps treated them all like they were his grandchildren, and they all loved him for it. This particular fishing day was different. They did not know that something could go wrong. An attempt to reclaim Grandpa Sam's favorite rod and reel resulted in them losing sight of Slobba. From then on, an attempt to find him resulted in a series of events that tested the boys' courage. Would they be able to find Slobba? Get a copy of The Fearless Foursome by Howard K. Pollack to find out.

This book imparts a profound lesson on summoning courage in the face of fear. As each boy confronts the experiences of the danger they were in, their distinct personalities shine through in their reactions. Danny undergoes the most radical transformation, discovering untapped fortitude he never knew he had and the possibility of a future in writing that he had never been taught of. Danny's growth inspires us that we, too, can become heroes when the occasion demands it. Slobba was the one that had my most admiration. I kept wondering if I could do half of what he did if I ever found myself in the same situation.

The author's thoughtful development of each character adds depth to their journey. We watch the boys cope and bond in their most trying moment, joking as much as they can to keep spirits high. The humor in moments like when they talked about "Murphy's Law" brings warmth, making their ordeal relatable. Above all, this book highlights the importance of loyalty between friends and knowing others have your back during difficult trials. Their camaraderie provided a light to guide them through the darkest thickets. In this book, their friendship is proven, their teamwork is honed, and their grit sharpens for the final harrowing trial ahead.

I enjoyed this book, and there was nothing I disliked, which is why I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars. I also want to give the author accolades for ensuring that the book was well-edited because I didn't encounter any errors while reading it. If you like adventure stories, then I recommend The Fearless Foursome to you.

The Fearless Foursome
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

The title is captivating and the storyline seems fascinating. I would love to see just how fearless the boys are. The fact that the book contains no errors adds to its beauty.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”