Featured Official Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign [February 2020 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tebogo Eugene M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-eugene-m.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Re: Featured Official Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign [February 2020 Book of the Month]

Post by Tebogo Eugene M »

Sci-Fi fantasy with supernatural abilities that's kind of my book to read since I am a fan of sci-fi thanks for the review "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign. Will add it to my book shelves.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Thanks die an interesting review and recommendations. Young science fiction would be a great read for me.
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Reflections by Dan Babcock

Post by Eunice Geres »

I think I would enjoy Adam having real teenager thoughts more than the mutation aspect of the book. I'm not into sci-fi, but I do love a good YA.
Prarthna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prarthna.html
Latest Review: The Farmer by Sam Braidwood

Post by Prarthna »

This YA sci-Fi fantasy novel sounds intriguing. The author has created a mesmerizing tale with mutated humans, called descendants, which have biokenretic abilities. I will check out this book. Great review!
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

Opaque by Calix Leigh-Rein sounds like an awesome young adultsci-fi fantasy novell. I liked the premise of this book, but since I'm not a fan of the genre, I'll pass on this one. Thanks for this great review. You really offered an insight into what the book is all about.
twinkle09
Currently Reading: Tactile Therapy: Volume One
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twinkle09.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Post by twinkle09 »

The book sounds interesting and Adam's character is unique but human at the same time. I would enjoy reading the book. Thanks for the review!
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by peace_m »

From your review its obvious that the book is a great adult sci-fi book. I will give it a try.
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

A YA sci-fi fantasy novel which is a page-turner and could be enjoyed even by older readers seems interesting to me.This story also contains the concept of mutation. Thank you for the review!
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Ali Muhammad 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ali Muhammad 3 »

This book seems to be the unique YA science-fiction novel that I have been looking for! If the plot is interesting enough, I will be able to easily overlook any spelling errors and enjoy the story. Adam also seems to be a sympathetic main character.
Simon Evans
Currently Reading: OUCH! The Pain of Modern Civilization
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Simon Evans »

Kirsi_78 wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 13:03 Ahh the sweet sixteen! 😍 Adam and Carly sound like any other teenager, except for the mutation, that is. I am not that much into superhero stories, but this sounds fascinating. I am also curious about the Russian ancestry and the enemy, Iksha. I can’t wait to find out how the story unfolds for the two, Adam and Carly.

Thank you for the lovely review!
The frightening thing about a mutation, telekinesis, people with special abilities is if they're actually a curse or sick people who needs to be healed.? when they can't be in control of their powers..
it is important to have a gift, and very, very important to be in good control of what you have.
when you've mastered your gifting, you'll be able to control your powers within your human form and also help other humans to be immune to your mutation. congrats on this episode.
:?: :!: :drool: :techie-studyingbrown: :) :D :shhh:
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

Thank you so much for writing this review! I have yet to read this book, but I am certainly interested in checking it out. Strong characterization is the most important factor to keeping a reader invested in the story and I appreciate the historical aspect you mentioned as well. 100% looking forward to checking it out

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”