Review of True Life Adventure series Part 1

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Review of True Life Adventure series Part 1

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "True Life Adventure series Part 1" by Fred Diebold.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Military life has always been fascinating to see, and the reality is that when you learn about their experiences, you will realise that it goes beyond what we see. The book titled True Adventure Series Part 1 written by Fred Diebold has thrilling adventures and the life stories of the author as he leaves the Vietnam jungles and has some unimaginable encounters.

In November 1970, only 48 hours after being pulled out of the Vietnam Jungle and honourably discharged from the Army in Oakland, California, Fred found himself in the San Francisco jail. He had initially extended his tour in Vietnam while he was in the hospital recovering from injuries from a mortar that had hit the bunker he was occupying. This extension resulted from his younger brother volunteering for duty in Vietnam, and the rule says no two brothers are allowed in the same combat zone. And even though he was not fit to return, he took morphine to kill the pain and faked being fit to return because he didn't want his junior brother to be killed in action. This exciting book leaves us with many questions, and getting a copy of it would help us explore Fred's life experiences.

I found this book thrilling, with many interesting aspects, and I was eager to know how things unfolded. The author was very descriptive, and the book's flow was seamless; I was not bored at any time. The book also helps me understand a little about the life of a military man and the risks they take for us, which are undervalued. The importance of family is also noted while reading this book, as is the sacrifice Fred made for his brother. The author's thoughts were also hilarious when he talked about the questions about "who his fence was."

While reading this book, I encountered no errors, proving that it was exceptionally well edited. I also had no dislikes for this book, and I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to individuals interested in stories based on facts and interested in military events.

True Life Adventure series Part 1
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

The book also celebrates the importance of family and camaraderie. Diebold's unwavering dedication to his brother's safety serves as a powerful testament to the bonds that unite siblings in the face of adversity. His humor and wit add depth to the narrative, offering moments of levity amidst the intensity of his experiences.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

You have given a beautiful and valuable insight into this book.
Paschalyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paschaline-goldie.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Paschalyn »

Nice piece.
Kaitlin Bryant
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-bryant.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Kaitlin Bryant »

This seems like it would be such a good read. Especially, the parts where you say you get a glimpse into the life of a military man. I think that I will have to put this on my TBR.
Great review!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”