Review of Farewell, Fair Child

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Review of Farewell, Fair Child

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Farewell, Fair Child" by J.J. Amirikhas.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jason Tristrum tells his story from the time he was a child in Iran to his graduation from high school. Jason was of Greek origin, but he is Persian. His parents died with his older sisters when he was only two months old, leaving him with Shahar, his older sister, who is twelve years older than him. Shazar took up the responsibility of caring for his brother at the age of 12. With the help of their aunt Charlotte (Alison, Milton, and Lucy's mom), the infant Jason was nursed until Anty Charlotte, who married an American, relocated to the United States. Aunty Charlotte and her husband assisted Shahar in getting a job when she was eighteen at the American embassy in Iran. Shazar is a beautiful lady who took up the role of a parent for her only sibling, Jason. They loved each other and always looked out for each other's interests. But Jason took the love to a higher level by having sexual feelings for his sister, Shazar. While Shazar also encouraged this by taking a bath with him, the rest of the story boils down to chronicling Janson's evolutions and expressions of eros love.

"Farewell, Fair by Child" J.J. Amirikhas is the story of Janson Tristrum's romantic love affairs, starting with her sister, Shazar, who had volunteered to raise him as an orphan.

The book was written meticulously, and I was able to read it smoothly without literacy difficulties. Lovers of romance genres would love this book, as it narrates licentious sexual gratifications and acts. In entertaining its audiences, this book is great. However, there is nothing educational about the book, just a boy who narrates his story about how he cherished women and was sexually attached to them. I think the plot is not realistic enough to meet the tastes of a general or wider audience. It would be great to meet the tastes of a wider audience by adding some different plot twists to Janson's role apart from his expression of eros love, especially with his relatives, such as his cousins and sisters. The book narrates scenes where Janson went as far as touching their private parts, and Alison, despite being married, enjoyed it and didn’t stop.

As I've earlier said, this book is not for everyone, as there are no real-life lessons to learn from it, and there are no relatable struggles to the role of Janson in the book. It's strictly for romantic entertainment, and those who love books like this would love it very much—it's perfect in that area. With this being said, I would have to rate the book full stars, 5 out of 5 stars, because the above is just my observation for if the author wants to reach wider reading audiences.

Farewell, Fair Child
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”