Review of Eagles in Enchanting Landscape:

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zanne Crystle
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Review of Eagles in Enchanting Landscape:

Post by Zanne Crystle »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eagles in Enchanting Landscape:" by Debra Frame.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Eagles in Enchanting Landscape: Adult and Children Big 85 one sided prints Coloring Book" by Debra Frame is a grayscale coloring book that showcases stunning landscapes featuring eagles. With its range of designs, the book caters to both beginners and experienced colorists, offering a delightful coloring experience for all.

I enjoyed the elements in the landscapes, such as mountains, rivers, trees, sky and clouds, rocks, eagles, and a few other animals. The book is perfect for practicing different coloring techniques for landscapes and birds.

One of the things I love about it is that I can experiment with coloring for different times of the day, different seasons, calm and rough water, different colored eagles, and so on. The book is very conducive to creativity.

However, I did notice that while the book does feature other animals besides eagles, the quality of some of these images is not good, making it difficult to identify the animals. Even the quality of some of the eagles is not great, with some appearing pixelated.

As someone relatively new to the world of coloring books, I found the helpful guide at the beginning of the book on the types of colored pencils you can use, coloring techniques, and tips for coloring to be a great starting point. I did not notice any grammar mistakes in the text, so the writing was properly edited.

The book is versatile and can cater to different skill levels, making it suitable for both children and adults. Whether you prefer straightforward coloring or more complex coloring styles, this book accommodates both. Some of the images have intricate border designs around them that you can be very creative with.

That being said, there are a few areas where the book could improve. For instance, one of the pages is a repeat of a previous page, and some pages still show color, indicating they are not fully grayscale. 

I also found that the grayscale in some images is too dark to properly add color, which was disappointing. Lightening some of the images could enhance the coloring experience by allowing colors to show better. 

Lastly, I don’t like that images do not fill the entire page, leaving a considerable amount of whitespace around the art. While this might be a matter of personal preference, I prefer coloring books where the images take up the whole page.

In conclusion, as someone who enjoys nature, landscapes, and birds, I give "Eagles in Enchanting Landscape: Adult and Children Big 85 one sided prints Coloring Book" a rating of 3 out of 5 stars. While the book loses points due to the poor image quality and the overly dark grayscale in some images, it still offers a unique and enjoyable coloring experience.

Eagles in Enchanting Landscape:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Thanks for your interesting and detailed review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”