Review of A Forever Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chidinma Dijeh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidinma-dijeh.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review of A Forever Love

Post by Chidinma Dijeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Forever Love" by Tracy A Daigrepont.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Forever Love by Tracy A Daigrepont takes us on a journey into the lives of teenagers and their families in a close-knit Louisiana town. The story unfolds in chapters, each revealing a piece of the intricate web woven between these characters.

The book introduces us to a diverse group of characters. There's Nessie, the shy girl seeking connection, and Owen, her nerdy counterpart. Beau, the charming football player, is surrounded by his friends, while the popular girls—Charlotte, Whitney, and Stella—each harbor their own desires. We also get to know their parents, which adds more depth to the story by showing us how families interact and how it shapes the characters' lives. The past romance between now-platonic friends, Isabella and Mason, adds an intriguing layer of complexity. Secrets unravel, like Whitney's pregnancy and tragic loss and Isabella's bombshell about Beau's paternity. With Allison caught in deceit, Beau's life hangs in the balance after a shocking accident. With Beau's fate uncertain and relationships on the brink of collapse, the residents of Sedipar must confront the truth about themselves and each other. As they grapple with the challenges of life in a small town, they discover that true love and forgiveness can transcend even the darkest of secrets. Read this book to find out what happened to all these characters.

The novel strikes a good balance between fiction and realism. While dramatic events like a fire and a paternity test drama add a layer of soap opera excitement, the core themes of teenage emotions and small-town dynamics feel authentic. The author's writing is expressive and descriptive, allowing readers to connect with the characters and visualize the unfolding events. The details, like Charlotte getting pampered for the homecoming dance, paint a vivid picture of the high school experience. The book dives into the complex world of teenagers in a small Louisiana town. The story does a great job of capturing the essence of high school life—crushes, friendships, rivalries, and the pressure of fitting in. The author introduces a diverse cast of characters, each with their own dreams, desires, and insecurities. The book contains a lot of cliffhangers. The early chapters set the stage with a dramatic fire, leaving you curious about the characters involved and the potential love triangles. The revelation about Beau's potential paternity in Chapter 16 throws a wrench into the narrative, sparking conflict and suspense. Chapter 27 ends with a car accident, leaving me intrigued and eager to know Beau's fate.

The lack of pronouns in certain sections can make the dialogue confusing at times. It might take readers a moment to decipher who is speaking or being referred to. This disrupts the flow of the story a bit. The sex scenes, especially considering the characters are high school students, may be too intense for some readers. It's important to be aware of this content before recommending the book. I wish the author had given some light details on it. This made me deduct a star from my rating. I rate the book 4 out of 5 stars. The book is exceptionally well edited. I found no major grammatical errors. I recommend this book to readers who like fiction novels and high school romance novels.

A Forever Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
williams Emerald
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by williams Emerald »

It’s interesting to hear how the book balances dramatic events with realistic portrayals of teenage emotions and small-town dynamics, creating a compelling narrative that keeps readers engaged.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”