Review of Frankie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Savina Visintin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: Thought Prints by Michael Jai McKenzie

Review of Frankie

Post by Savina Visintin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Frankie" by T. A. Perret.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Frankie grew up believing that her father was dead and always lived with her mother, Rachel Montgomery (formerly known as Rachel Templeton), with whom she got along very well. The arrival of substitute teacher Michael Winters, however, changed things forever. Frankie discovered he was her father, but he ignored she was his daughter. Furious that her mother lied to her, Frankie became irritable and thought Rachel also lied about Michael being her father. Will Frankie find out the truth? And will she be able to forgive her mother? Find out in Frankie by T. A. Perret.

Frankie is a beautiful novel that young adults will enjoy reading. What I liked most is that this book is a real page-turner with many twists and turns. I also liked how the author outlined the relationship between mother and daughter and how she represented its various stages. Furthermore, this book teaches the value of forgiveness. In this regard, there are many references to God, and Christians, in particular, are the most suitable readers of this book. However, readers of other faiths can also appreciate the story, especially if they are teenagers or young adults.

One thing I did not like was Frankie's behavior. In the long run, her attitude becomes annoying, and I confess that I root for Rachel. This is said from an adult's perspective, but I understand the girl's point of view because the author represented it consistently. I also believe that younger readers will understand Frankie much better than me, and since this book is written for them, I do not consider this a negative side.

The only real downside is the typos, but it is their quantity rather than quality that disturbs the reading.

Overall, it is with pleasure that I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. Perret has written an excellent story that teaches young adults the importance of forgiveness. I recommend Frankie to these readers with the certainty that they will enjoy it.

Frankie
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Somto Nwachukwu 1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somto-nwachukwu-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Somto Nwachukwu 1 »

The emphasis on forgiveness and the inclusion of references to God make it especially appealing to Christian readers, though the story's universal themes can be appreciated by all young adults. Great review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”