All the bright places

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: All the bright places

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

The fact that the book was based on the author’s real experience made it even sadder. I cried reading this book, I really hoped Flinch made it, I hoped Violet was enough to make him forget everything. Thankfully the ending while sad, was also realistic and informative. Mental health issues are very real and people are out there living with it. It’s not easy but I hope anyone reading this can find that light to hold on to. You are loved and the world needs you😓
Tayyaba Rehman
Currently Reading: The Last Letter From Your Lover
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B07Z4681LQ

Post by Tayyaba Rehman »

I loved the book and surprisingly the movie as well. Usually, film adaptations don't really do justice to the written word but this one sure comes close.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I read about this in an article, and I want to read it so bad because the article said that it is a very honest book about depression. I'm sure I would really love this.
Katarina Radovcic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katarina-radovcic.html
Latest Review: Scorn of Secrets by B. Truly

Post by Katarina Radovcic »

I think what needs to happen now is I go to my bookshelf and pick this book up again. I've read it in high school while I was dealing with depression and anxiety. Now that I think about it, even though books were a nice distraction for me, I don't think it was healthy to have read so many books that touch on this particular topic. Also, I read this book as a teen, I would like to read it again because my states, emotions, book preferences and expectations changed very much. I need to read it from today's point of view.
yoora
Favorite Book: The Fault in Our Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by yoora »

Ran_ia wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 07:04 This book is about a boy called Finch who meets a girl named violet on the ledge of a six stories bell tower both trying to end their lives , but somehow they managed to save each other's life.
The storyline was amazing but I wish that the ending wasn't that dark the author could support people with mental health issue to talk to others and try to figure out a way to live with it if she only made Finch talk to someone "professional" instead of running away and ending his life , but it's still the author's choice to choose the ending of her story which is kinda based on her personal experience , but overall the book was great and I highly recommend it for everyone who liked "the fault in our Stars" (I mean who didn't like it ;)) and for that I'll give this book a 4/5
Quotes :
" You are all the colors in one ,a full brightness"
"We do not remember days , we remember moments"
"The problem with people is they forget that most of the time it's the small things that count . Everyone is so busy waiting in the waiting place.if we stopped to remember that there's such a thing as a Purina tower and a view like this we'd all be happier"
the fault in stars in one of my favorite book so far i just finished reading all the bright places it was also nice can you please recommend me more books like these

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”