Official Review: Treasure of the magical mine moppets

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Re: Official Review: Treasure of the magical mine moppets

Post by Dolor »

Treasure of the Magical Mine Moppets by KJ Blocker is an illustrated book for children. It not only entertains but also teaches the readers wonderful lessons about the importance of family, love, friendship, and kindness. It follows the adventures of the Powers family and the magical creatures (Mine Moppets).

I find the book interesting even though I am not the target audience.

Thanks for the review.

#Children #Magic #Lessons #Friendship #Family #Love
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Ah! So Pappy is alive! I was wondering after I read the second chapter. That's good to know, and agreed. It is a wonderful children's book.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Ragnar Lothbrok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ragnar-lothbrok.html
Latest Review: Executive Hoodlum by John Costello

Post by Ragnar Lothbrok »

This sounds like an interesting read and in my opinion, young as well as adult people can always benefit from reading a children's story for it teaches us important values such as kindness. I was really intrigued by the summary of this review; It seems like the author takes a different approach on these values and manages to transmit this story in a way that children can learn from it. Thanks for the great review!
ChainsawCat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chainsawcat.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by ChainsawCat »

Now, I read the sample of this book on Amazon, and based on the few pages I read, I laughed twice today: a) once at the careening weirdness of this book, both in prose style and in plot; and b) a second time at the suggestion that this book would be "reminiscent of childhood favorites such as Charlotte's Web."

It is possible that the zaniness of the book itself would grow on me, but: Come on, now, reviewer. This has nothing to do with the tradition of Charlotte's Web.
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

The sample was really nice. I enjoyed reading it but this seems like one of those stories filled with hardships and trials and such. Never the less it looks to be a really enjoyable read
Swat3737
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Post by Swat3737 »

I agree that in childrens’ books, illustrations are key! This sounds like a wholesome story with good moral lessons for the kids.
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1907
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review : Treasure of the magical mine moppets by K J Blocker' well lays out the details of the book. It was heartening to learn that the reviewer has emphasized the importance of the book in the life of children. The ending of the review is soothing!
Ub43I59
Favorite Book: For the Love of God
Currently Reading: The Judge
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Ub43I59 »

Treasure of the Magical Mine Moppets takes the reader down memory lane to childhood as the plot reveals: "Now I've got some scheming to do." From Mr Withers at that local bank for small loans to entrepreneurs; small boys and their dads' big dreams doomed to fail... A science project now set to feed the world or piped dream for Tom, Jimmy, and Pappy. Will the magical moppets come to the rescue? Detailed review of children's story. :tiphat: Congrats on BOTD.
mhercee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mhercee »

The book is fantastic, I recommend this book to children out there and their families, it teaches a great lesson. Thanks for the review.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

As an aspiring librarian and educator, I think that it's important to read all kinds of books to be able to recommend them to young readers that are still exploring books.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Yhixtzel
Currently Reading: Hearts Set Free
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Yhixtzel »

Cute book for children I still remember when I saw the muppets on TV was the best time of my childhood and this book is very good to tell the children to leave them very good teachings ....
darbybj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 803

Post by darbybj »

I read some of the book," Treasure of the magical mine moppets" it was very descriptive and has some good characters. The genre is more for a younger reader. I think my 12 year old grandchildren would really enjoy the book. I would give it 4*'s.
Riz91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riz91.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Riz91 »

It seems like a fun book for children especially with the whimsical aspects. I agree about the illustrations and will add that they would have benefited greatly from being coloured in.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

The picture on the cover instantly made me think of The Box Trolls. The sample on Amazon gave only a hint of the magical nature of the book (besides the height and color of the Ubercorn) so I was happy to read in your review that there was more than met the eye there. This sounds like the type of book I would have read with my kids when they were small. I always appreciate children's books that weave in subtle lessons. Great review!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

A very good book for settling family issues and promote kindness and friendship. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”