House of night

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Katiesreadings
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: House of night

Post by Katiesreadings »

As someone who lives in the town its based in and has read all the books- yes! This series is amazing! All the references to certain buildings and restaurants are all true and I think it really adds to the book! Alley Cats is 100% real y'all lol
scquarantillo
Favorite Author: rachel vincent
Favorite Book: Forever by Judy Blume
Currently Reading: Undead to the World
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scquarantillo.html
fav_author_id: 4455

Post by scquarantillo »

Love love love this series! I have heard it's being turned into a movie! I am excited to see how it all plays out! I haven't read the final book yet. I will be posting review when I do!
Harsheen Kaur
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsheen-kaur.html

Post by Harsheen Kaur »

I'm too a hon fan. I just love zoey and practically her whole gang. Its not too difficult to fall in love with them right from the start. First all those vampire changes seemed confusing but as I read on it made more sense. As a whole I love the book and earnestly waiting to read destined.
scquarantillo
Favorite Author: rachel vincent
Favorite Book: Forever by Judy Blume
Currently Reading: Undead to the World
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scquarantillo.html
fav_author_id: 4455

Post by scquarantillo »

Harsheen Kaur wrote:I'm too a hon fan. I just love zoey and practically her whole gang. Its not too difficult to fall in love with them right from the start. First all those vampire changes seemed confusing but as I read on it made more sense. As a whole I love the book and earnestly waiting to read destined.
So you haven't finished the series yet? I am going to start the final book soon! Every one has been amazing so far, so I know this one will be great as well! Fid you like Stark better then Heath? That's a tough one for me. I love them both lol
Harsheen Kaur
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsheen-kaur.html

Post by Harsheen Kaur »

Actually I'm also confused about whose team I'm in - team stark or team heath. You tell which name you like more - heath or Aurox?
Ayane101
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayane101.html

Post by Ayane101 »

I love this series. It took me a while to get all the books. Each book only took me just at a day to read. Very easy reading. For me it was like watching a movie. I guess I was just able to connect to the writing. I have since started to gather all the writings by PC and Kristen Cast. ^_^
abourque

Post by abourque »

I have only read the first three books of the series so far. I find the plot very interesting as far as Zoey being chosen by Nyx and her abilities. I know this is a teen fiction but sometimes the character can be very immature sometimes. For someone having sex and running around she gets pretty caught up in teeny stuff. I do think the series is too long but we will see when I read a few more. The drama with three guys is ridiculous because she's supposed to be an innocent and strong character but ends up cheating on everybody. I think it was a good lesson about being a naive girl falling for someone you don't really know but three might have been overkill. I like the bond between her friends but don't think it's portrayed to be as deep a friendship as the writers intended. They hang out and say they will help each other no matter what but so far I haven't seen the evidence of that. Eric was a very understanding boyfriend and I understand he's upset with her in Chosen but the very last couple chapters make him seem like a bad guy even though Zoey wronged him. All in all I will keep reading the series but could be some improvements. I also agree that there are TONS of grammatical errors in the books.
xshbells
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xshbells.html

Post by xshbells »

The House of Night series is just amazing. If you don't personally love anything about the cliches of vampires but love romance, I recommend this series to you, The authors' technique of flow is very addicting that after the first chapter of the first novel, you are left daydreaming about the characters.
Meghanp1901

Post by Meghanp1901 »

Someone in law school turned me on to the HON series. At first I loved it - I was completely hooked. However, by about book 7 or 8 I found myself losing interest and didn't follow through with reading any more. I was recently thinking about going back and starting over at book 1 and giving it another go.
maedae123
Currently Reading: For the Love of Suzanne
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maedae123.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by maedae123 »

I just finished Marked. I loved it. It has me hooked. I loved how the author portrayed being a vampyre. The author makes you want to be there in the action and love the characters. I love how the elements are in this series so far. I am glued to it!!! I am beginning to read the second book already. Can't wait!!!!!!
Mirandap82

Post by Mirandap82 »

I quite simply adore the House of night series! The first book or two felt like they were written for young adults, but as the series progressed, it became more mature and adult-like. I guess that makes sense since the age group it is intended for falls into that same description.This is one series I was always on the edge of my seat and really felt close to the characters. I would recommend these books to anyone, and I do!
rosered769
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by rosered769 »

I loved this series. The character development was good however some were immature but i guess that just comes with the teen territory. The plot line progressed well but I do think that in later books it was dragged out a little. Overall the series was great it hooked me and i didn't want to stop reading!
95ashcat98025
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by 95ashcat98025 »

I honestly loved the HON series, and P.C. and Kristin did a wonderful job writing each and every book. I do feel that the series was a little long, but that didn't stop me from buying each and every book as soon as they came out. They did a great job with the detailing of the characters as well as the settings of the series. While many people don't like the fact that Zoey is a little too lucky with men, I honestly just took it as she is a desirable woman, and not promiscuous as they made her out to be. Every teenage girl deals with boy drama, and Zo was no exception. The series was very well rounded and the last novel didn't end in a cliffhanger like all the others, which made me incredibly happy.
inyourfavor
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inyourfavor.html

Post by inyourfavor »

I love reading this series! I have yet to read the last three but from the books i own i love them. Zoey and the gang are amazing. Definitely one of the better and more interesting vampire series i have read in a while.
Amber9731
Currently Reading: Orange is the new black
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber9731.html
Latest Review: "Masked Desire" by Elaine Angelus Kehler

Post by Amber9731 »

I recently finished the House if Night series. I just could not put the books down! It reminds me a lot of another series, Vampire Academy and I am in love! I can not wait to buy the novellas that go with the series. Has anyone read them yet? Ibwould love someone elses take on them!
Latest Review: "Masked Desire" by Elaine Angelus Kehler

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”