Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four. Any thoughts

Discuss the June 2014 book of the month Divergent by Veronica Roth. While only Divergent--the first book of the series--is the book of the month, feel free to use this subforum to discuss the rest of the series or to talk about the movies, but make sure not to post spoilers unless noted in the topic title.
Edna016
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Re: Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four. Any thoughts

Post by Edna016 »

I loved it all but I haven't read Four. I think that's when like a certain part of the series is told in his perspective. It might be interesting but eh not right now haha. I loved the movies too and Four was pretty attractive too.
Reader 05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-05.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Reader 05 »

hersheyroxs wrote: 15 Oct 2014, 17:14 My favorite series ever is the Divergent series. The action, the romance, and the the danger make this book amazing. This series is a series i would read again and again. The Divergent movie was pretty good. Post your thoughts here. Im interested to see what you have to say about this series
This series is amazing, the Author ended the series with a big roller coaster of emotions and suspenses. The ending of Allegiant was differently very unique as I have read few books with that kind of ending.

:techie-studyinggray:
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

I really don't know what to say of the series as a whole. I loved Divergent and I still occasionally re-read it. But the the second and third books didn't leave me with the same feeling.
But 'Four' was something i both enjoyed and appreciated because it gave me a look into Four's head.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I loved the first 3 books. Four was frankly quite boring. A lot of the scenes were repeated but from Four's perspective. Apart from his backstory I didn't see the reason for the book itself.
Tiffany Hertel
Favorite Book: The Brightest Night
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108

Post by Tiffany Hertel »

I loved the Divergent Series. I read everyone of them and of the last one Four all within the weekend. I did not see anything wrong until they made the movie and ruined it.
jimmy02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy02.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by jimmy02 »

:tiphat: I saw the first movie, and after that discovered the books. But once I did, I binge read the entire series within a week. That of course had some academic implications for me, but well I don't regret having done it. If my current university load reduces a bit, I'll retry replicating this 'feat' again.

:tiphat:
There is no friend as loyal as a book.
~ Ernst Hemingway

:techie-studyingbrown:
Inks and Quills
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inks-and-quills.html
Latest Review: Shadow's Adventure Home by Kathy Kovar

Post by Inks and Quills »

I loved this series too! The writing quality alone was awesome!
AlphariusRE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alphariusre.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by AlphariusRE »

Divergent by far was my favourite book as well as the movie. I don't know why, the books/movies beyond it, just lacked something that I couldn't find put my finger on.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

Overall I enjoyed the series. However, the ending irritated me. I did not read Four because the last book made me so upset. One of these days though I would like to read the series again.
fire_spice
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fire-spice.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fire_spice »

Divergent is the best of them all. That's the time I really fell in love with the book andd movie. I feel elements of divergent that drew me in are lost in the other books. But that's just me.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

hersheyroxs wrote: 15 Oct 2014, 17:14 My favorite series ever is the Divergent series. The action, the romance, and the the danger make this book amazing. This series is a series i would read again and again. The Divergent movie was pretty good. Post your thoughts here. Im interested to see what you have to say about this series
I did watch all series in the divergent and I loved it. Every episode was something to write home about, captivating, intriguing, and fantastic. It reminds me of the series of Maze Runner.
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

Candor was a more brave faction than dauntless because do you know how brave and fearless you have to be to always be telling the truth. Or to always be blunt at all times, it takes guts. I applaud that faction, I could never have chosen it though.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time. Yolo!
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Doomsday Clock by Mark Pearson

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I really like Cuatro's spin offs, the books in the series were very good and I would say that the first 2 were my favorites. I certainly didn't like the ending but it's a very good story.
Krishi Shah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishi-shah.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Krishi Shah »

I absolutely adored the first two books, but the third book ruined the feel of the series for me even before the ending. Everything felt off for me, unfortunately.
Krishi Shah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishi-shah.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Krishi Shah »

Divergent was my favourite, Insurgent was good, but Allegiant felt like no fun at all. I enjoyed Four's novella more than that.

Return to “"Divergent" by Veronica Roth”