Outside the walls - (spoilers)

Discuss the June 2014 book of the month Divergent by Veronica Roth. While only Divergent--the first book of the series--is the book of the month, feel free to use this subforum to discuss the rest of the series or to talk about the movies, but make sure not to post spoilers unless noted in the topic title.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: Outside the walls - (spoilers)

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

Aithne wrote: 07 Nov 2015, 13:40 What do you think of those who live outside the borders of the divergent city? What do you think of their actions? Do you think they have done the right thing to watch and wait, or that they are as bad or worse than the people they watch like a soap?

I feel those beyond the walls are worst than the ones within. It's like they were used for tests.
Krishi Shah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishi-shah.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Krishi Shah »

It's extremely wrong and twisted, but it makes you wonder if people can be conditioned to think that even the worst things are acceptable.
Ashna_Tibrewal_7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal-7.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Ashna_Tibrewal_7 »

I think the common people might have some sympathy for people within the walls but the people in power only viewed them as science rats. They were heartless and didn't care what happens inside the walls unless it was harming their own mean.
Princewill Uchenna
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

I think they were in the wrong to just watch while this uprising happened and all of these people died unnecessarily. I feel like they could have come in, explained everything, and a lot of deaths could have been avoided.
Sunday Onuorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-onuorah.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Sunday Onuorah »

Everyone here is mentioning Hunger Games, but this reminds me more of James Dashner's Maze Runner. The outsiders simply watch on from the sidelines, as the researchers did in Maze Runner with the test subjects that had been planted in the Maze.

Return to “"Divergent" by Veronica Roth”