Featured Review: Love, Lust, and Other Complications

Discuss the July 2014 book of the month, Love, Lust, and Other Complications by P M George.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Featured Review: Love, Lust, and Other Complications

Post by gali »

Purely_Poetic wrote:This seems like a great read! I'll have to get it on my way home tonight and dig in! Thank you.
I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
lizj97
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizj97.html

Post by lizj97 »

Thanks for the great review. You summed up the book without giving away too much of the story. I will definitely add this to my list of reads based on your review alone. Thanks again for your well rounded review.
gali

Post by gali »

lizj97 wrote:Thanks for the great review. You summed up the book without giving away too much of the story. I will definitely add this to my list of reads based on your review alone. Thanks again for your well rounded review.
Thank you for your kind words. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
jsam757
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jsam757 »

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. It was pressed upon me by my girlfriend who insisted it wasn't just a book for women or boomers. She was right! "Love, Lust & Other Complications" is a beautifully written novel that deserves to be widely read. Its characters, Sue and Mike, both 60 years old but 'alive and kicking,' collide one early morning on a coastal track. What follows is...what usually follows when a man and a woman get together - laughter and tears! Soon enough, Life is asking them to choose:either to hold on to the riches they each already have and enjoy- independence, freedom, a structured and contented lifestyle; or to leap into the Unknown together, hoping for love. How the choice comes to be made is what this novel is gloriously about. A wonderful and inspiring read!
gali

Post by gali »

jsam757 wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. It was pressed upon me by my girlfriend who insisted it wasn't just a book for women or boomers. She was right! "Love, Lust & Other Complications" is a beautifully written novel that deserves to be widely read. Its characters, Sue and Mike, both 60 years old but 'alive and kicking,' collide one early morning on a coastal track. What follows is...what usually follows when a man and a woman get together - laughter and tears! Soon enough, Life is asking them to choose:either to hold on to the riches they each already have and enjoy- independence, freedom, a structured and contented lifestyle; or to leap into the Unknown together, hoping for love. How the choice comes to be made is what this novel is gloriously about. A wonderful and inspiring read!
I am glad you enjoyed it and agree with you. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Aspen_Reads
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice+ The Notebook
Currently Reading: too many to count
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aspen-reads.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Aspen_Reads »

This is a great review! I can't wait to read it, it looks really good!
"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." -Maud Casey
gali

Post by gali »

Aspen_Reads wrote:This is a great review! I can't wait to read it, it looks really good!
Thank you :)
A retired Admin/Mod

ejcogan
Favorite Author: Jeaniene Frost
Favorite Book: Once Burned
Currently Reading: The Truth of all Flesh
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejcogan.html
Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
fav_author_id: 3311

Post by ejcogan »

This really was a great review! I love the idea of reading about a romance between an older couple. It seems like it would be so much more mature. All the romance novels I've ever read were with younger people and at times the thoughts seemed so much more mature than the age represented, especially in the YA genre. I'm looking forward to a refreshing view. Thanks gali!
It is better to have loved and lost, than to be married to a psycho for the rest of your life.
Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
gali

Post by gali »

ejcogan wrote:This really was a great review! I love the idea of reading about a romance between an older couple. It seems like it would be so much more mature. All the romance novels I've ever read were with younger people and at times the thoughts seemed so much more mature than the age represented, especially in the YA genre. I'm looking forward to a refreshing view. Thanks gali!
Thank you. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

Thanks for the review! The book sounds well written and interesting.
gali

Post by gali »

Acwoolet wrote:Thanks for the review! The book sounds well written and interesting.
It is that. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Jausten11
Favorite Book: sun also rises
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jausten11.html

Post by Jausten11 »

Well you have made me want to read this book! I enjoy reading your reviews!
gali

Post by gali »

Jausten11 wrote:Well you have made me want to read this book! I enjoy reading your reviews!
Thank you. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

KellyS24
Currently Reading: Safe At Last
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kellys24.html

Post by KellyS24 »

I am a sucker when it comes to great romance books so I appreciate such a well written review and now I look forward to reading it myself as i will add it to my to-read list. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on yet another good book I found to read today and certainly one I most likely would not have found on my own it it were not for this book club and your great review. Well done!!!
gali

Post by gali »

KellyS24 wrote:I am a sucker when it comes to great romance books so I appreciate such a well written review and now I look forward to reading it myself as i will add it to my to-read list. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on yet another good book I found to read today and certainly one I most likely would not have found on my own it it were not for this book club and your great review. Well done!!!
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you enjoy the site. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “"Love, Lust, and Other Complications" by P M George”