Your Personal Legend

Discuss the September 2014 book of the month, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Re: Your Personal Legend

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

amybo82 wrote: 24 Sep 2014, 18:37 I definitely understand the fear of losing a steady paycheck or losing your possessions or the people you love or any number of other comforting adult things. It's also different when you're forced to give it up versus when you make that choice yourself. I know it might sound goofy, but I read Rhonda Byrne's <i>The Secret</i> a few years ago, and it changed the way I view a lot of things. One of those is happiness. I think that if you know something is going to make you really happy and you're not really happy in your current situation, then it's probably worth it to strike out and make a change! That being said, it's also super scary not knowing if you're going to have security in the future, so I can understand both sides of the argument!
I love the book The Secret . It teaches law of attraction and gratitude, which I love.
Alexandria Sarai Mitchell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandria-sarai-mitchell.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Alexandria Sarai Mitchell »

If you asked me this question a year ago, I'd have said no. But right now, I would give up everything to find my personal legend. I feel like anyone can do it depending on the factors affecting their lives. For me, I feel lost at the moment, I want to find something worthwhile. So I would give up everything for a discovery of my personal legend.
Sunday Onuorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-onuorah.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Sunday Onuorah »

I think, as adults, the hardest part is walking away from a steady paycheck to pursue your dreams, at least that was my biggest roadblock. Due to budget cuts someone else made that decision for me, I can't say enough about how scary but also how fulfilling the last few month have been.

Return to “"The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho”