Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Discuss the November 2014 book of the month, Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street.
Kanishka Banga
Favorite Book: Crazy Time
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanishka-banga.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Re: Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Post by Kanishka Banga »

"Prophase: A Present Tale," Mitchel Street crafts a compelling fantasy world where Piper Walker, a young girl burdened with familial responsibilities, finds herself thrust into a realm of magic and destiny on her eighteenth birthday. As Piper grapples with newfound powers and revelations about her identity, she embarks on a journey of self-discovery and adventure.
Francis Kapola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

The journey of self-discovery Piper undergoes amidst her challenging circumstances feels incredibly relatable. I'm curious to explore the magical realm alongside her and witness her growth and transformation. This book definitely piques my interest!
Garciajohn123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Garciajohn123 »

"Prophase: A Present Tale" by Mitchel Street is a fantasy coming of age novel about Piper Walker, a young girl who experiences a transformative event on her eighteenth birthday. After saving her friends' lives in a car accident, Piper discovers she has newfound powers and begins to see lights and auras everywhere. With the help of her old neighbor, Esther, Piper embarks on a journey to uncover the truth about her identity and the world she never knew existed. The novel introduces a variety of beings and magic, but some aspects could have been further developed. Overall, "Prophase: A Present Tale" is an interesting and easy-to-read novel that has the potential to become a successful series with some refinement.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 314
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Anxiety and Depression by Lillyin Love

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

I wonder where Piper's powers came from and the role her neighbor, Esther, has to play in all of this. I'm intrigued by the plot, so I'll definitely check this book out.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

Surprised to read the thorough review of "Prophase: A Present Tale" by Mitchel Street. The reviewer liked many, many aspects of the book and even thought it could/should be a series, yet did not give full credit due to a lack of details in some of the story. Piper sounds like a real heroine for today’s readers. Interesting that the review made it sound like Piper might become the wise woman of the neighborhood, taking the place of Esther.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Obioma Lazarus
Currently Reading: A Compromising Position
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Obioma Lazarus »

Awesome work by Street, Piper is like many gifted young girls in the world today, that are overwhelmed by their negative situations and circumstances, neglecting or not even noticing their precious giftings. I believe that guardians, parents or adults in general that are close to such young ones should guide them to the light like Esther, Piper's neighbor and not to leave them to wallow in mistakes which they might not recover from if care is not taken.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

The depth of emotion and the intricate world-building in this novel is commendable. 'Prophase' takes readers on a thrilling ride through Piper's transformation and her quest for truth.
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: From Doubt to Do by Kat O'Sullivan

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Piper's character feels likable and well built in the book. I haven't fully read it yet but I am comfortable with the initial pages I sampled. Congrats to the BOTD author.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

I admire how the author skillfully explores themes of resilience, friendship, and destiny in 'Prophase: A Present Tale'. Piper's character development is both relatable and inspiring.
faizal_miya31

Post by faizal_miya31 »

The story is worth reading with an interesting and kept me reading untill I finished the whole of it. Very well written.Keep going.
Reedwann

Post by Reedwann »

This is a nice piece of art, very Intriguing. Thanks for the review
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 234
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

The book has an intriguing and captivating sound.
Teens are a stage of life full of self-discovery, and their emotions seem to be much stronger, thus stories about them are always quite interesting.
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: Alice In Dreamland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Tejas Koli »

Your review of "Prophase: A Present Tale" by K.A. Street has me intrigued! 📚 The story of Piper's transformation and uncovering of a hidden world sounds captivating, especially against the backdrop of her struggles and responsibilities as a caretaker for her brother. Piper seems like a relatable and authentic protagonist, and I'm eager to see how she navigates her newfound powers and the challenges ahead. The imaginative world-building and introduction of various beings and magic add depth to the story, although it sounds like some aspects could benefit from further development and detail. Overall, it seems like a promising fantasy coming-of-age novel that has the potential to evolve into a successful series with some fine-tuning. Thanks for sharing your insights—I'll definitely be adding this to my reading list!
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Interesting coming of age story about Piper who lives without a motherband living with a bitter alcoholic father which made Piper forced to grow up. I like the part where Piper is discovering the magical being in her with help of the elderly lady who lives nearby and play a significant role in her life. Tale like this in series and I'm willing to commit myself in this series. Congrats for being the #botd.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
RomanceBound T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romancebound-t.html
Latest Review: Holy Terror by John R. Dougherty

Post by RomanceBound T »

This sounds like an interesting book. This reminds me of shadow hunters, the way Piper came to know about a different world on her 18th birthday and everything that happened after that. Congrats on BOTD.

Return to “"Prophase: A Present Tale" by Mitchel Street”