Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Discuss the November 2014 book of the month, Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street.
Salma nadia
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 15

Re: Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Post by Salma nadia »

the stories in this book are refreshing reads that lean more on love and personal relationships, than those so prominent in today's storytelling. I was intrigued by Piper's plight - a teenage girl without a mother, living with a bitter and alcoholic father, forcing her to take responsibility for her younger brother and household chores.
Salma nadia
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Salma nadia »

the stories in this book are refreshing reads that lean more on love and personal relationships, than those so prominent in today's storytelling. I was intrigued by Piper's plight - a teenage girl without a mother, living with a bitter and alcoholic father, forcing her to take responsibility for her younger brother and household chores.
Obailo89
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Obailo89 »

The book expresses the fantasies and challenges of Teenage girls, Piper's dreams obstacle and possibility of being carried away with fame. But the book memoir failed to show the path Piper took, was ambiguous in expressing Piper's music path.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

I used to enjoy reading fantasy books with young adult protagonists. I wonder what mystery lies ahead of the main character as she tackles her everyday struggles in life. Is there a flashback on how she got her powers? Congratulations on the BOTD.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Bee_renda007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bee-renda007.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Bee_renda007 »

Just by reading the review, I'm already immersed in anticipation of how the story will unfold. Will definitely read this one 👍
Jodeci 007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodeci-007.html
Latest Review: Inspiring Moments by Crystal Holdipp

Post by Jodeci 007 »

What are these lights and auras she is seeing everywhere and in everything? Where did all of these changes come from, not only in appearance but in her strength, hearing and eyesight? The one person who has answers is the old neighbor, Esther, who has been a part of her life since she was a little girl but is she ready for the truth? Is Piper ready to fulfill her destiny? These are interesting questions that would pique any readers' interest and I am no different. I can't wait to find answers to them. Congrats on the BOTD.
Mihiri Wasana Mohottala
Currently Reading: Cut Yourself a Break
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mihiri-wasana-mohottala.html
Latest Review: Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence by Fred Sievert

Post by Mihiri Wasana Mohottala »

A present tale by Mitchel Street is fantasy novel with romance. It’s also having life moments like death of Piper Walker and she had to look after her brother Charlie. It’s giving lot of positive thoughts and loved reading it.
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

I wonder how Piper sees auras. Congratulations on BOTD!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
Adelee Grobler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adelee-grobler.html
Latest Review: Hemiphos by Stefanie Jacob
Reading Device: B0979KD57W

Post by Adelee Grobler »

I love fantasies with magic and otherworldly being. Thank you for your review. I’ll give this novel a try!
Sreeja Sudheer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sreeja-sudheer.html
Latest Review: Ku-Pok's Morning Calm by Dr. David Maloney

Post by Sreeja Sudheer »

The review of Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street, has given the readers a birds eye view of the plot and characters of the story. The super natural elements mentioned by the reviewer will make the readers anxious to read the whole book. He has provided constructive criticism about the character sketch. Thanks a lot for the great review.
Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechukwu-fortune-njoku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku »

I am jumping on this one soonest. I usually love fantasy stories, and this one sounds super fantastic. Thank you for the excellent review.
Kelvin Nartey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Kelvin Nartey »

Thanks to the author Mitchel Street, a huge smile had been drawn on my face. This book had just taught me some very valuable life lessons which is "staying strong" even when life puts you in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Piper Walker, who lost her mother to cancer at a young age, had an alcoholic father, had to be the caretaker of her younger brother and later be the victim of to a devastating breakup with her boyfriend just days before her birthday has a rough destiny line ahead of her. But to get answers to her many numerous questions, she has to see one neighbor Esther who had been part of her life since she was kid. Is she ready for the truth?

To find out, read "Prophase" A Pleasant Tale by Author Mitchel Street, to see what life has in place for not just one person but everyone!
Last edited by Kelvin Nartey on 13 Feb 2022, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
Anki Sinopp
Currently Reading: Blue Collar Cash
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anki Sinopp »

I like the author story and the topic and its reality with present was explained with some cases,it was good .
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

I do not like that vague descriptions were given. This would leave me trying to fix things in my own words, which may not even be appropriate. Otherwise, I love novels like this. They keep me glued to them the whole time.
Taoar_1+
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Taoar_1+ »

This sounds so interesting like I really like the review and I'm going to add it to my reading list

Return to “"Prophase: A Present Tale" by Mitchel Street”