Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Discuss the November 2014 book of the month, Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street.
Ari Martinez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Victoria's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ari-martinez.html
Latest Review: Finding A Way Forward by Karen Games

Re: Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Post by Ari Martinez »

I'm not a big fan of coming of age stories, but the plot does seem interesting, and Piper feels like someone I could relate to and cheer for. I also like that it has magical aspects. I would definitely read it if it had good world-building, but judging from the review, it seems like it needs better imagery. I'm torn on whether to read it or not. Thanks for the review.
Jasmine Drewry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Jasmine Drewry »

Piper Is learning the truth of reality and what It’s like to be and adult
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

I'm not 100% sure if the audience for this book is teens or adults. It seems like, as a coming-of-age story, it's more suited for teens. I think all the additional characters without depth sound frustrating. I might give this one a miss. Thanks for the review.
Neha Panikar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha-panikar.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by Neha Panikar »

Interesting plot, and the narrative seems engaging! Your review has detailed aspects of the book, without revealing spoilers and been very objective about the critic points. Thankyou for the review!! I look forward to reading this book!!
Esther Deekor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-deekor.html
Latest Review: Risky Business In Rising China by Mark Atkeson

Post by Esther Deekor »

You have given a honest review of this book. I'm seeing the picture of what looks like a cat on the cover, so I'm wondering if Piper is a cat or another being created by the author. I'm not a fan of fantasy and sci-fi novels but this book seems like a great read. Congratulations on BOTD!!
Luis Alvas
Currently Reading: The Snow That Never Fell
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luis-alvas.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Luis Alvas »

I sampled a few pages and didn't enjoyed the writing as I would like but I found the plot interesting. Piper's journey through all of the story and the world-building is what I find either worth reading or read it only once. I agree when the book itself has various sections that aren't detailed but vague and ambiguous. A detailed and great review, thanks.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 607
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

The book has an interesting storyline and characters, but the lack of development takes away my interest in this book. Thank you for the review.
Miharu Kyousuke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjut-yayang.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Miharu Kyousuke »

Wow, this is truly captivating! The brilliant play of light, the raw emotion, and Piper's enigmatic persona all point towards an extraordinary adventure that lies ahead. I simply can't wait to delve into the cosmic enigmas that await us in "Prophase"!
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Mitchel Street's Prophase: A Present Tale is a fantastic new young adult fantasy book with lots of action and a strong female lead. The author has done an incredible job creating a novel that is full of adventure and believable characters. Whatever category it falls under—YA or coming of age—this is an excellent fantasy book. Strongly advised.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

Prophase has a great description and the storyline seems very interesting. Piper seems like a great character. Her newfound abilities are bound to make her life more interesting. Congratulations on making book of the day!
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading: The Slippery Road.
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

I appreciate your thoughtful review of "Prophase: A Present Tale." Your detailed analysis of Piper's character development and the world-building in the novel is insightful. Your constructive criticism regarding the introduction of different beings and the need for more detailed descriptions is valid and well-articulated. Overall, your review provides valuable insights for potential readers.
Azuka Christian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-christian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Christian »

The plot of the book is deep and sounds interesting. I would love to get a copy and read it completely. Great job by the reviewer. Congrats on winning BOTD.
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Disciples by D. Fuller Smith

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"Prophase: A Present Tale" by Mitchel Street sounds like an intriguing fantasy coming-of-age novel, with Piper as the central character navigating changes and uncovering a hidden world on her eighteenth birthday. The blend of fantasy elements, magical powers, and Piper's journey of self-discovery adds layers to the narrative.
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

This review provides a helpful overview of "Prophase: A Present Tale." It highlights the novel's fantasy elements, the protagonist's journey, and the imaginative world created by the author. However, the review mentions that certain aspects of the story could benefit from further development and more detailed descriptions. While the review suggests that the novel has potential, it does not explicitly state whether it would motivate someone to buy or if it feels like a great read.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

The review provides a fair assessment of the novel, highlighting its strengths and areas for improvement. While it offers some helpful insights, it may not be sufficient to fully gauge the book's appeal. Whether it motivates someone to purchase the book would depend on their personal preferences. From the reviewer's perspective, the book has potential but may benefit from further development.

Return to “"Prophase: A Present Tale" by Mitchel Street”