Review of Willda the Witch

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Review of Willda the Witch

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Willda the Witch" by Aleasha Reich.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Halloween season is upon us, and we all know how important costumes are to this celebration. Fortunately, we have Willda, who takes her time in her cottage, along with her bunny, Pepper, to make all the candy and costumes required during Halloween. However, there is a problem. Willda's forgetful nature, which she never likes to disclose, poses a serious threat to delivering all the costumes to the expecting children. She packs up, loads up her broom, and flies through the village. Will she achieve her goal of fulfilling expectations, or will her forgetful nature ruin Halloween?

Aleasha Reich's Willda the Witch is an intriguing children's book that not only highlights the fun that comes from picking out costumes during Halloween but also encourages the spirit of thinking outside the box and being imaginative. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, especially the central character, Willda. While she is a witch and fits well with the spooky theme of Halloween, she chooses to use her powers for good to bring happiness to children and make the season worth their while.

Also, it was easy to connect to her plight of always forgetting things and the shame she felt whenever she did so. Children will also connect to the child, Milly, who attempted to help Willda come to terms with this issue.

Furthermore, the book is heavy on illustrations by "Dewitt Studios." The book cover gives a perfect sample of what these eye-catching illustrations look like throughout the book. The pictures also expertly capture the Halloween feeling, and I loved the detail in the colors employed.

Willda the Witch is also an exceptionally well-edited book. I did not find any errors while reading. The book is easy to read through, and the author employs rhyming words at the end of sentences, which will improve kids' reading experiences. I cannot think of anything I dislike about the book. Therefore, it deserves the maximum rating of four out of four stars. I would recommend this book to children between the ages of three and eight, especially during Halloween.

Willda the Witch
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Thivhu Thivhulayi
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Thivhu Thivhulayi »

This book is really good for children especially those who likes Halloween and spooky costumes.Wouldnt advice a parent to buy this book for their children who dont like Halloween or interested in it it would be boring.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

This sounds like a lovely book for young children. My nephew loves Halloween and he is going to adore Willda! Thank you for a beautiful review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

Well, this is an interesting children's book. Halloween is a spooky and fun season. Good job on the review, prospero360.
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

This is a lovely children book,especially for children who love Halloween,nice review.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

This is a great children’s Halloween book. It is one I would have in my collection as it is very unique.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

I’m interested already. Good book. Nice review !
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

The book would be a nice read for children. I like willda's character. Thanks for your amazing review.
MARJORIE obeso
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marjorie-obeso.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by MARJORIE obeso »

this book has a nice review and most of the children wear their favorite customers for their trickle treat at the schools or neighborhood same time they enjoy celebrating happy Halloween day.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

This is a good catch for children in love with Halloween. Nice review
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love Halloween, I would read this book to kids around me, they would definitely love it, beautiful review.

Return to “Children's Books”