Review of Adventures of Stewie & Veronika

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of Adventures of Stewie & Veronika

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Adventures of Stewie & Veronika" by Louis Scavone.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Adventures of Stewie & Veronika: Going to the Park by Louis Scavone is a short children's picture book that follows two best friends, Stewie and Veronika, and their day in the park. Veronika loves spending time with her dog Stewie and often takes him for a walk. They always have the best fun in the park and spend the most time there. They hang out, relax, play and meet various other animals, thus fulfilling their day with delight.

This picture book is a real little treat. What delighted me the most was its simplicity, brevity, and a special dose of lightness and fun. The entire book is illustrated with vibrant and colorful illustrations that follow the whole course of the story. Although I prefer different types of images that are not necessarily digital, I have no complaints about these. I especially like that many different animals are shown, such as fish, birds and ducks, which enriches the depiction of life and activities in the park. Likewise, the text is full of rhymes and is very melodious and lyrical, which makes reading the story easier and even more enjoyable. In addition, the story's theme is very entertaining and cheerful. I love stories with animals as main characters, and I believe most children will like this book.

Honestly, I have nothing negative to point out. I like every element, and I wouldn't change anything. I especially appreciate the friendship factor that is emphasized throughout the story. In addition, I did not encounter any errors, so I can conclude that the book is exceptionally well edited.

Overall, I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. As I already emphasized in the previous paragraph, I have no reason to give it a lower rating.

I recommend this book primarily to children of kindergarten age. However, the book would also appeal to everyone who likes colorful and cheerful picture books and animals. In addition, the book could be an excellent choice as a bedtime story.

Adventures of Stewie & Veronika
View: on Bookshelves
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Finally, I appreciate that you think this book would be a perfect choice for a bedtime story, and I agree with you. With a 5 out of 5 stars rating, it sounds like this book is a must-read, and I can't wait to read all of Louis Scavone's other books. Thank you so much for sharing such a compelling review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I am like Veronika who takes a walk with my dog, Whitey. However, we're not in the park, instead on the hill. And unfortunately, nothing many animals we encounter but we enjoy the ambiance of nature. Surely, I'll enjoy Veronika and Stewie's story and their illustrations. I wish I can grab a copy of this book soon! Thank you so much for your engaging review, Ivana!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Ayesha Faraz
Currently Reading: Before the Coffee Gets Cold
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayesha-faraz.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Ayesha Faraz »

This book sounds like a good take on the importance of friendship and seems to positively display various thrilling adventures. I agree with you! It seems like the perfect story to read out to kids for any occasion. I also find that bright pictures make for good discussions with children and help them to learn how to observe their surrounding so once again, this sounds like an amazing storybook.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: New You by Abner Amador
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Reading about Stewie reminds me of a cartoon I love. The nature of this book makes it suitable for children. Veronika has a good time with Stewie. This is a good illustration of friendship.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

Thiis book illustration telling us i frendship between Veronica and dog why everyday go to the park. Novels is a very colorful and beautiful illustrated. Descriptions avantyre whit friendly illustration girl and her dog. Colouring book 📖 say us how much important relationship animals and people, how to helpp a devolp imagine and empathy of children. I recommend everyone why like colour illustrations story about animals and children connection.

Return to “Children's Books”