Review of Quinn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Dancing Queen by Asianna Frierson

Review of Quinn

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Quinn" by Karin Taylor.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

An author named Karin Taylor has written a children's book called Quinn, which is about a porcupine that has a velvet marshmallow nose. Quinn, a real-life prehensile-tailed porcupine, is the subject of this book, which is an educational book. This porcupine was cleverly incorporated into a novel that was meant to be about them, and the author even managed to sneak in some intriguing facts about them. Quinn's caretaker took a picture of her, uploaded it to her Instagram, and shared it with her followers. Quinn found popularity as a result of this, but would she be bothered by the fact that she is now the centre of attention on the farm where she resides?

The illustrations of the story appear to be lively and bright, and they have definitely captured my attention in the same way that I would expect a child's attention would be captured. The story is written in rhyme, and even if there is vocabulary that your child might not be familiar with, there will be a glossary that includes explanations of the majority of those words when the story has been read. In addition to the vocabulary that was just described, the author also supplied some facts about prehensile-tailed porcupines. Additionally, the author included images of a real-life porcupine named Quin and another porcupine named Quilby.

Not only did I find the illustrations to be very delightful, but I had no idea that there was such an adorable kind of porcupine. Having gained knowledge from this book has made me really happy, and I have no doubt that the children will feel the same way. The use of rhyme is another method that I find useful for preventing the child's attention from wandering away.

I gave this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars because there was nothing about it that I disliked. The graphics, which were written in rhyme, as well as the subject matter of the story, were my favourites since I loved everything about hem. The author also added a touch of education to the book by including additional information about the particular species of porcupine, which contributed to the book's overall appeal. There were no mistakes that I discovered, and I believe that the book has been edited to perfection.

I would suggest this book to children between the ages of 4 and 8 who have a passion for porcupines or who are interested in learning about new animals that they have not encountered before. otherwise, to children who simply have a general fondness for animals.

Quinn
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This is a helpful review that provides insight into the book "Quinn" by Karin Taylor. The review praises the lively illustrations, the educational content, and the use of rhyme to engage young readers. The reviewer found the book to be well-edited and believes it would be a good addition to a child's library, particularly for those interested in porcupines or animals in general. The review appears sufficient and is likely to motivate potential buyers.

Return to “Children's Books”