Featured Official Review: Sigfried's Smelly Socks!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gretchen Darden
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 122

Re: Featured Official Review: Sigfried's Smelly Socks!

Post by Gretchen Darden »

I agree that the illustrations were fantastic. The combination of cartoon and real pictures were unique and eye-catching. What I didn't like was the poetry. It was inconsistent; some pages rhymed, some didn't and some rhymed but the rhythm didn't flow. It was fun and used language that children and adults both would enjoy.
Lakashia
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: Snowman Paul at the Winter Olympics
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lakashia.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by Lakashia »

I like this book a lot because it went through depths that I didn't expect to go. I will share this with all of my mom friends. Everyone's going to get a good kick out of this, especially the children. The only thing I'd say would make this better would be an animated short version of this book.
Jabulile Mahlangu 1
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Obsidian Tomorrow
Bookshelf Size: 32
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Jabulile Mahlangu 1 »

Siegfried is one of a kind. A pigsty like environment must be where he lives because he finds it hard to locate a simple stench.Tormented by a smell throughout his daily routine of which he does not know where or how it all started. We travel this exciting journey of a young one around the house while he plays detective.

First he goes about thinking it is the book itself. I am reading that book and I can say there is no such thing . Secondly he blames a rotten banana that was left unattended on a page. Thirdly a chewing gum he stuck on this book a year ago. Are there any more surprises from this child?

In fourth place for the blame is a slice of pizza he apparently used as a bookmark . If not, it must be the peanut butter and jelly chunks that fell on his book. Some yellow stain on the floor was caused by his dog Oscar peed. I can imagine the stench in that bedroom only to find out its a pair of socks that stink.

The Author made sure yo keep the visuals as dramatic as possible to keep the children entertained. The pictures mixed with cartoon like as well as real helps the kids to visualise everything into the real world. Truly artistic to watch and comical too.

Less words and the punctuation mixture was good so was the very visible font size. 5 out of 5 rating the amazing piece.

Return to “Children's Books”