Review of Stars in Our Hearts

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Review of Stars in Our Hearts

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stars in Our Hearts" by Kylie Welch.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Losing a loved one seems complex and difficult when in a state of grief for different reasons. Our young ones will find it difficult to handle such a situation, so the book Stars in Our Hearts: Navigating Loss with Little Ones, written by Kylie Welch and illustrated by Claudia Vieira, is a wonderful guide for little children who find themselves in this situation.

The book starts with a brief introduction about the author being a funeral officiant, and she wrote it from a young adult perspective after watching her cousin's young children's grief over the loss of their grandma. The book introduces us to a young boy who is sad because he has lost someone close to him, and it informs readers of different ways to help them feel better in a situation like this. He asks his mom what to do to feel better, and she advises that he could write notes and put them in a little box, as it will help him remember them. She also says that he could choose a star for them, and he would see that special star he chose for them every night. Get this book, Stars in Our Hearts, to find more ways to help our little ones in their grief.

This book is ideal and unique in its content, as it would serve as a detailed and easy-to-understand guide for our young ones. The author communicates the importance of family by showing how the young boy kept going to his parents for advice and comfort. I will also commend the illustrator for the nice picture work evident in this book; it would be nice for children to look at. The ideas on how to feel better will not only be helpful to children, but adults too could benefit from this book, as they are very practical and realistic ways to help one in such a situation.

I had nothing to dislike about this book, and I rate it 5 out of 5 stars based on the likes listed above. I also didn't encounter any errors while reading this book, which proves it was perfectly edited. Lastly, I recommend this book to parents with children ages 6 to 12, as it would teach them a lot.

Stars in Our Hearts
View: on Bookshelves
Edria Dayyinah
Favorite Book: We Were Liars
Currently Reading: Emma
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edria-dayyinah.html
Latest Review: Deadpan by Richard Walter

Post by Edria Dayyinah »

I’m happy a book like this exists for young ones going through tough times. The advice of choosing a star for the lost loved one is so unique and comforting!
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

It's a great thing to see a book like this really exists, some children do lose love ones at a young age, and one don't know what they seem to face.

Return to “Children's Books”