Review of Samy Kind Series Volume 3

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Big, Brave Voice by Emily A. Reed

Review of Samy Kind Series Volume 3

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Samy Kind Series Volume 3" by Mr. Nate.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Individual differences are complicated and even more perplexing to young children. They find themselves wondering why things are the way they are and seem to have many questions, and if circumstances like this are not handled appropriately, the outcome could be bad. Mr. Nate Christensen's Samy Kind Series Volume 3: Special Orange Glasses explores how Samy and his friends relate with their new special pupil, Evan Smith.

In the third to last week of the school year at North School of All Ages, three friends, Spike, Flicker, and Samy, were in Mrs. Robins' class with other students and wondered what the construction workers were doing. So, in the morning announcement, Principal Quid announced that their school would be hosting a cluster program where they would be able to meet kids in the Special Needs program. They listened carefully to the names of the teachers who would mainstream the cluster kids. Hours later, they were introduced to the new students, and Evan was the only student joining Samy and his friends in grade 2. We will learn how the students took this latest development from reading this book.

I found this book generally appealing, and the fact that the author made this book unique and about special kids made it stand out. I loved how the children in this book and their realistic conversations were portrayed. This book presents autism in a way that children can easily comprehend. The school setting was also ideal, and I liked how the kids were apologetic to their teachers when they were wrong. I also like that Samy always cautioned his friend Spike when he was rude. There is much to be learned from this book, such as perseverance, kindness, forgiveness, and many more. Samy's thinking on how to help Evan was lovely, and I liked the straightforward explanation of answering the "Do you mind" questions.

I had nothing to dislike about this book, and considering the positives listed above, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I also encountered no errors while reading this book, which shows it was exceptionally well-edited. I recommend this book to families and schools with special kids.

Samy Kind Series Volume 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Children's Books”