Review of The Support Staff at Your School

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zanne Crystle
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: Deceitful Reflection by Jessica Tepper

Review of The Support Staff at Your School

Post by Zanne Crystle »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Support Staff at Your School" by Andrew C. Kirkpatrick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Support Staff at Your School is a fantastic children’s book by Andrew C. Kirkpatrick. The purpose of the book is to educate children about the various support roles in a school, beyond just teachers and administrative staff. It does a wonderful job of explaining the importance of roles such as custodians and mechanics in maintaining a well-functioning school environment.

As an adult who has long since completed school, reading the book made me realize that I had never truly considered the integral role that individuals like cleaners and cafeteria staff play as part of the school staff. Honestly, I am guilty of only considering positions like principal, vice principal, dean, and teachers as part of the staff. I now see the importance of recognizing and appreciating all members of the school community for their contributions. I recognize how the book’s content can help foster a greater sense of gratitude and respect from children toward support staff.

What I particularly liked about the book was its simplicity and clarity. The writing is straightforward, making it easy for young children to comprehend. The illustrations by Blake Marsee are also simplistic but still visually engaging, effectively portraying the different support roles within a school to help children better relate to and understand the content.

I did not notice any grammatical errors in the book, indicating thorough editing and attention to detail.

In conclusion, this book is an excellent educational resource for children of elementary school age. I highly recommend it to teachers and parents as a tool for helping children better understand and appreciate the individuals who contribute to their education and well-being every day. The book can also remind teachers and parents about the often-overlooked roles that support staff play in creating a positive school environment. There is nothing that I dislike about this book, so I give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

The Support Staff at Your School
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

My parents made sure that I was aware of the jobs of everyone in the school. I lived in a very small town and went to school two towns over that was only marginally larger so they knew all of the people working at the school and expected that my brother and I treat everyone as as important as the teachers and administration. Thanks!
Alexa Williams 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alexa Williams 2 »

As a young adult living in a small community where everyone knows everyone, this teaches the children about the roles people can have in the workforce and that everyone plays different roles in someone's life
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

What a respectful gesture on the part of the author to show the value of the support staff in the school system. One day, one of these young readers will brighten up the day of a support staff person in their school by saying hello and showing acknowledgement. Children will also learn that they could get a job as a support staff one day and know that their work is a valuable contribution to society. This sounds like a wonderful and dignified book for children. Thank you for this concise and informative review, Zanne! :techie-studyinggray:
Bernard Ndubuisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Bernard Ndubuisi »

Teachers around world especially from this of Africa are seriously neglected and some is as less privilege because of the nature of the job. It becomes more painful when a student or pupils See's a teacher as garbage because of the position of his parents as high and mighty. Yet this teachers with the high qualification due to lack of good job received peanut for exchange of their knowledge.
Thanks for this book I so wish all parents and students can read it so to some kudos to the teachers all over the world.
Thanks for the captivating review.

Return to “Children's Books”