Review of The Gallagher Farm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 269
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Story Of... by Shirley B Novack
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 103%

Review of The Gallagher Farm

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Gallagher Farm" by Sara Gallagher-Beck.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This is the first children’s book written by the author, Sara Gallagher-Beck, and it is a great accomplishment. The book, The Gallagher Farm, is an exceptionally well-written children’s book about life on the Gallagher Farm, suitable for young children, 4-8 years old. I loved the gorgeous 3-D graphics that were illustrated in the book. It made it seem like the pages jumped out at you and the characters were real.

The Gallagher Farm, owned by Grandma and Grandpa Gallagher, was a unique place. With ten children, seven boys and three girls, a menagerie of animals, including Spot, the spotted horse; Wally, Uncle Pat’s dog; two black labs, Lucky and Lindy; and some longhorn cows, the farm was always bustling. The barn, known as The Slab, was no ordinary barn. It housed a full basketball court and was a popular spot for parties.  The Gallagher Farm was a place of love, fun, and magic for everyone.

I just adored this little children’s book.  The author wrote the book in an easy-to-read and easy-to-understand way for children. This was the author’s first book, and it was a successful endeavor. Sometimes, children’s books are too complicated for the little ones to understand. This was not the case with this one. I am going to read this book to my two youngest grandsons. I could find nothing to dislike regarding this book. The writing was effortless and without any errors. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants their child to have an enjoyable experience reading or listening to someone read it to them. I gladly give this book, The Gallagher Farm, 5 out of 5 stars. I hope everyone will pick up this delightful children’s book and add it to their child’s collection. It brought back many fond memories of the times I spent on my uncle’s farm when I was growing up.

The Gallagher Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

Wow, Shirley Ann. You reviewed a gem of a book! From you review, I understand that the love of family and wholesome living are themes the young readers will enjoy. The use of 3-D graphics is a brilliant idea. My four grandchildren will enjoy this book. Thank you for this uplifting and informative review. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Children's Books”