Review of Raphael Raccoon Does Not Like Change

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: Peyton Platypus's Brave Adventure by M J Novak

Review of Raphael Raccoon Does Not Like Change

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Raphael Raccoon Does Not Like Change" by Chris Stuart.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I've found myself uncomfortable with the idea of changing some aspects of my life on multiple occasions, such as relocating or changing a line of business. However, we must all recognise that change can be difficult, particularly for children. Chris Stuart's book Raphael Raccoon Does Not Like Change follows Raphael as he confronts his fear of change.

This book is specially dedicated to the author's wife, Ashlee, and we get to meet Raphael, a raccoon who does not like change and believes that it can be tough. The thought of change makes him sad or angry sometimes, and luckily for him, he had help dealing with these feelings. His parents told him a year ago that change can be good and that he should learn to think positively. When they moved from their home, he was scared of losing his friends and was angry at his parents. From reading this enlightening book by Chris Stuart, we will get to understand how Raphael handles this new development in his life.

While reading this book, I had nothing to dislike about it, as the author made sure to keep the story brief, and this makes it an ideal read for children. The pictorial illustrations in the book are very nice to look at, and I must commend the illustrator for such a wonderful job. The way rhymes were also incorporated into this book would be an enlightening resource for children. I also like that Raphael's parents were understanding and helpful in the challenge their child was facing. The book also contains moral lessons, which would impact young readers and teach them a lot.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, considering the positives listed above. While reading this book, I didn't encounter any errors, which shows that the book was perfectly edited. I recommend this book to children between the ages of 4 and 12 because it will help them best understand change.

Raphael Raccoon Does Not Like Change
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ohmy Book
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ohmy Book »

Sounds like such an amazing read! I love how children's books convey such great messages. I love that this book discussed dealing with feelings. Thank you for this fantastic review!

Return to “Children's Books”