Review of I Wonder Why It's Christmas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shiremaiden
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiremaiden.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Re: Review of I Wonder Why It's Christmas

Post by shiremaiden »

We all know how reading with children is important, but the experience indeed is heightened when they interact with a book. I like how you pointed these pros out in your review.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting children's book designed to teach children about Christmas. For those with younger children, it might be worth a second look. Well done.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Stolen by Neil Edwin Fountaine
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Damian Keyes »

It's hard to find children's book that tell the religious reason for the season of Christmas. I'm glad the author created this book that will serve as a staple for parents to give to their kids about the holiday season, that's about more than presents. Congrats Esther for receiving the BOTD honor from the OnlineBookClub.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your exciting review. I could tell how much you enjoyed the book. You are right, children love asking all kinds of questions! From the sample, this looked like a book that would explain the meaning of Christmas for children. I also agree with you that the pictures are lovely and children enjoy pictures too. I'm glad the author included other questions too, so the children stay entertained and paying attention. Because you review was so wonderful, I have added this to my list of books to read.
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

"I wonder why it is Christmas" by Esther Ekunola the title got me interested, I love the perfect review when it says the book is well edited and with pictures illustrating the story in the book. I love reading God love books and their teachings,I have already added it to my I want to reach shelves Congratulations on being book of the day
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Post by Okocha Victor »

Seeing the content of this book, I am lead to wonder how Mary felt seeing an angel of the lord. Unlike what were are used to imagining, the descriptions of angels in the bible are far from beautiful.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Guilty of Stealing His Heart by Nancy Lynn White

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Although the book is for children, I would love to read it because this review make it look so interesting to me. Kudos to the author for winning BOTD with his book.
Disha Kansara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-disha-kansara.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Disha Kansara »

For children, pictures give them more understanding of the story and also helps them to memorise the stories. Great book. Really enjoyed by the kids even though we are not christians.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Shanesha Sammerson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: ALAM Beginnings by Akil O. Smith

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "I Wonder Why It's Christmas" by Esther Ekunola! It sounds like a delightful and informative book that effectively captures the essence of the Christmas story while engaging young readers with its beautiful illustrations and interactive elements. Your review highlights the author's thoughtful approach in incorporating Bible verses and posing questions to encourage deeper understanding and engagement with the story. It's wonderful to hear that the book is well-edited and accessible for young readers, making it a valuable addition to any child's library.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1949
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas' by Esther Ekunola brings to our knowledge the remarkable aspects of the children's book. I like the presentation style in the review. The point that the book tells the children how Christmas began and the essence of celebrating it is worth mentioning in the review. Readers would note that the author backed the story with Bible verses. They would love the way the author talked about love and why God gave us his son Also, as mentioned in the review, the book will help children appreciate the essence of salvation through Jesus Christ. Learning that this book is adorned with beautiful pictures was nice!
Kimarley Cobran

Post by Kimarley Cobran »

This is a very inspiring book as it aims to teach children from a tender about why we celebrate Christmas. My students would love this book.
MoeBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moebrown.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by MoeBrown »

Sounds like an interactive children's book. They can also get insight on 'the reason for the season'. Great review
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

This is the story of the wise men and a couple of other teachings about the Bible, making it an interactive book with children by including questions to share throughout the reading. I wonder why it's Christmas, it's a great book good job #BOTD
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

This is an excellent way for Christian families to teach their children about the bible in an easy-to-understand manner. The illustrations and the additional questions for kids enable them to keep their interest longer.
Elvis Ikenga

Post by Elvis Ikenga »

Christmas used to be christmas in those wonderful days things nowadays are changing and christmas ain't amazing as it was back then .

Return to “Children's Books”