Review of Rudi Caribou

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Re: Review of Rudi Caribou

Post by Hy Be »

Interesting review. The plot revolves around information about characteristics of caribou. The illustrations and storytelling made the book enjoyable mainly to kids. The author skillfully included maps the places where they can be found too in the book.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by MMcB »

The children’s book, "Rudi Caribou" by Donald Burton Smith, is an educational book about caribou with a young caribou as the narrator. The excellent review mentioned that they really enjoyed the well-edited book and learned a lot of outstanding information about caribou. The reviewer also loved the illustrations and thinks that children and adults alike will really appreciate this book.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 447
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A nice children's education book "Rudi Caribou" by Donald Burton Smith, which shares the difficulties a young caribou might face and its migration for survival. The story in the book is interesting to read.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 337
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Fallen in a Dark Uneven Way by Lo Monaco

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

It's great that this book is able to educate and entertain at the same time and help kids know more about caribous. However, I don't read children's books, so I'll skip this one.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: The Insignificant LIfe of Bert by Bertie Ball

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Rudi Caribou is not only educational but also a visual treat. The clever use of illustrations adds a magical touch, making it a delightful experience for both children and adults. Congrats on the BOTD.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: World Tour by Mike Sherer

Post by Veronica Hunter »

The choice of a calf caribou as the narrator is brilliant. It creates a connection with young readers and makes the information more accessible. Plus, the added touch of giving the caribou a name adds a personal and relatable element to the story.
Tommy Mayengbam
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommy-mayengbam.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Tommy Mayengbam »

The animal kingdom is truly fascinating. Just the other day, I came across a video showing a group of bees working together to oust their queen because she had become infertile.

It made me wonder about the various ways other animals and insects manage their societies.

I believe adults with a curiosity for such things would thoroughly enjoy "Rudi Caribou."
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Reading about caribou migration and other behavioural traits will be an absolute treat, especially when they are accompanied by realistic caribou pictures. Thanks for the awesome review!
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: La alambrada by José Marzo

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

Congratulations on BOTD!!!
It looks like a fantastic book to teach children new information about the world around them and animals in particular, to help them better understand their surroundings. For children, pictures—especially realistic ones—are a terrific method to establish a connection because they relate it more to their environment and they find it more engaging.
Irene Nyaoro
Currently Reading: "Dumb" Orphans
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Irene Nyaoro »

The way to my heart is through my son, the book has captured my heart . It will be a very educational book and realistic.
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

Thank you, Christell Lindeque, for your wonderful review of "Rudi Caribou" by Donald Burton Smith. Your detailed insights provide a vivid picture of the book's educational value and its appeal to young readers.

Your initial impression of the cover and the subsequent appreciation for the well-executed illustrations set a positive tone for the review. Your acknowledgment that the illustrations surpassed realistic caribou pictures and your anticipation that children will feel the same adds credibility to the book's visual appeal.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Rose Nafula Oketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

Honestly, it's my first time hearing of a species called Caribou. Educational and informative books such as "Rudi Caribou" are books children should be reading to familiarise them with such species, how they survive, e.t.c. Its content rightly fits them, and they will be fascinated by the story. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
Khristine Joy Cortez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Khristine Joy Cortez »

The book is truly remarkable, providing a captivating and educational experience for readers, both young and old.

The illustrations in the book are exceptional, and I must admit, they initially fooled me into thinking the caribou on the cover was a real animal. The attention to detail and the way you portrayed the caribou's journey is both imaginative and visually stunning. As a reader, I found myself spending a considerable amount of time admiring the artwork.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I have always admired nature in all its beautiful diversity, and this book is a nice way to learn about one more species and why biodiversity matters. Children will, undoubtedly, learn a lot. Many thanks for the fascinating, informative review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber

Post by Michael Gambo »

The illustration depicting the boy from Northern Mongolia treating his reindeer like a pet left a significant impact. Following this, it acted as a call-to-action button, convincingly conveying to children the importance of caring for animals in general.
I believe in something greater than myself.

Return to “Children's Books”