Review of The Mirror Box

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Re: Review of The Mirror Box

Post by Atieno Magero »

Mirror Box is a great children's book. I love that this book addresses the topic of grief in a simple way for children to understand. Children can learn a lot of useful life lessons from reading this book and it has great illustrations that'll entertain them.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

I think the subject of grief in children is one of the least explored subjects in relationships involving children. I thank this author for writing about this. Thanks for the review.
Navya Patel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-navya-patel.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Navya Patel »

Losing a friend or family member can be extremely hard. Furthermore, a book that shows how to manage pain is an extraordinary asset to get with. This book appears to help somebody grieving to recuperate. Congrats to the creator on BOTD! I think the author has made a lot of homework and research to write this book. I liked the book very much.
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Victoria Zoe »

I sympathize with Christopher for the death of his grandfather, afterwards, he opens a mysterious box he was told not to open. I would like to read the book to get the full story. Congrats on the BOTD and a well-written review.
Ishak rafai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ishak-rafai.html
Latest Review: Time for PSyQ by Marti Ward

Post by Ishak rafai »

In the face of profound loss, a resilient child found strength to navigate life's challenges after losing his grandfather. Despite the pain, he embraced each day with a resilient spirit, drawing inspiration from the cherished memories they shared. Through adversity, he discovered the power within himself to persevere and honor his grandfather's legacy, turning grief into a catalyst for personal growth and resilience.
Jatto Onimisi
Currently Reading: Shitolian
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatto-onimisi.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Jatto Onimisi »

This is an expertly written book about the subject of grief for young children. It helps children navigate the often treacherous and vulnerable fallout of losing their loved one. It also teaches us to cherish every moment spent with our loved ones.
Sangeetha P 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sangeetha-p-1.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature, second edition by Chet Shupe

Post by Sangeetha P 1 »

Nice review.
The point which you said about value the time with our elders more because we don't know when they leave us is absolutely true.
Moving in this modern world full of busy schedule forgetting ourselves sometimes, we forget to take care of spend time with our parents and grandparents. We will regret it only later. Empathetic relationships with family will forever let us to make us more joy and happier making our mind and life better.
Thanks for bringing this idea as a book.
Congratulations.
Usama Zaman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Usama Zaman »

I just like the way that this brief book appropriately examines the concepts of death and lamenting in a really basic way. I praise the author's contemplations of planning youthful kids approximately the unforgiving substances of life. Congrats on BOTD!

Return to “Children's Books”