Official Review: Elizabeth's Garden

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Re: Official Review: Elizabeth's Garden

Post by jaliper »

So perfect for a lazy afternoon. I'll read this to my kid, even though it's a little strange for Children's book. Maybe I'll read it first before sharing it to others. Thank you.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I love the idea of showing a child's gradual development into a more mature girl. This seems to be a charming read. I will definitely read this one. Thanks for the awesome review!
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

This is an interesting narrative. I salute the courage of Elizabeth. Through the review, I developed a great interest in knowing the details of the story. I will definitely take a read. Kudos to the reviewer.
Pearl Hijabi
Favorite Author: H M Irwing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-hijabi.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 1986

Post by Pearl Hijabi »

It's really impressive how the author packed so much information into this story. This story seems to have well developed characters and a plot. And the very colourful illustrations sounds enticing on a children's/young adult story. Congrats on BOTD!!
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This story sounds very interesting with a captivating plot and informative cultural elements about the Aboriginals. The way it straddles age-based genres is intriguing, even with those genres being a bit difficult to define as it is. (I took college courses on both children’s literature and young adult literature, and it’s all very muddy.) It’s like an embodiment of the awkward shift one undergoes during the time period, not quite a child, not an adult, and not really a “young adult”, either. I think there could be more layers to this short book than even the author realizes. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Ekta Kumari
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

This seems to be an interesting story, though it might be a bit complex for young kids to understand the themes without the help of an adult. However, I love the cover page illustration. Thank you for the detailed review and congratulations to the author!
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
Nonso Samuelson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-samuelson.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Nonso Samuelson »

Given that it's a children's book, the 17-page volume isn't surprising. This is the first time, however, that I'm coming across a children's book that deals with a subject this deep and tragic. I'd love to see exactly how Elizabeth losing her dad spurs her and the narrator on to seek justice for others.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Great review. Thanks! I’m sure young people will just love this book. Sounds very interesting
Moddesser Elahi
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I guess this is an interesting children's story based in Australia with a central character who is a young girl and dares to confront the criminals. This story also evokes some emotion in me with the theme of nature like gardening, and also the mention of the Aboriginals. I love the illustration on the cover page. Thank you for the review!
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Benggirl721
Currently Reading: adrift
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benggirl721.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Benggirl721 »

I like the character of Liz, despite the tragedy that happened to her father. Helping the missionary is one thing she should be proud of.
Reading is a journey to the world.
Justine_Ad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Justine_Ad »

This is a great book but I'm not sure this is fit for a younger audience but other then that it's a great read

Return to “Children's Books”