Official Review: Bugging a Bug by JC Sykes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Bugging a Bug by JC Sykes

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bugging a Bug" by JC Sykes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

BUGGING A BUG is a delightful children’s book written by JC Sykes. It is a book about a girl who loves to play with bugs and is curious about their life.

It is the story of a young girl who is inquisitive about the different bugs living around her. She is eager to know how bugs live their lives and what they do all day. She is seeking answers to questions such as: Do insects find it difficult to live in this big world? Do they have feelings like us?

This book is about the simple, pure pleasures of childhood. Children are like open books, and nature is the best teacher. What I liked most about this book is that it encourages children to pick up their shovel and magnifying glass and step outside to explore mother nature. Digging in the dirt with sticks reveal many different life forms that they can examine and learn. Bugs and insects are colorful and quickly attract a child’s attention. Observing bugs will help children learn about how they eat, interact, move, and communicate. This book makes children self-sufficient and teaches them to make friends with nature and play by themselves. It teaches children that even the tiniest creature can help make a difference in the world.

There is nothing that I disliked about this book. This book brought back my childhood memories. It is ideal for children who like to explore tiny creatures in nature. Through the book, the author has managed to show many different kinds of bugs, such as the ladybugs, snails, ants, and fireflies.

This book is well-written and professionally edited. The illustrations in the book are colorful and complement the story. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to children of ages 4-6years. The book can also be read aloud to younger children. This book is perfect for an interactive read-aloud session at the school or the library.

Bugging a Bug
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

This book sounds like a lovely book for kids. Thanks for the equally lovely review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

In today's world, it's easy for kids to be too consumed with gadgets to have time for the outdoors. I like that the book encourages curiosity, nature study, and interest in other life forms in kids. Thanks for your review.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

We often picture boys playing with bugs—I like that this book shows a girl enjoying them too! The cover is adorable.
Thanks for a great review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Reitumetse_R
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reitumetse-r.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Reitumetse_R »

I think I love the book already. It would definitely be great for my 4 year old baby girl. Thank you for the review
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I hope that more children's books are like this! I think that the book's simplicity is perfect for children learning to read. It would also be excellent for group-reading activities.
Daisy Mideva
Currently Reading: The matchmaker
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Daisy Mideva »

I already like the book already, it's perfect for a 4 years old child .
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

I really appreciate your writing style. I hope the children can actually learn to unleash their potential in the lap of nature. Thanks for the review.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85918
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1349%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

childrens book with nice pictures imagine what bugs think how do they feel do they go for vacation , do bugs go to school

Return to “Children's Books”