Official Review: A Christmas Secret by Candace Gayland Hall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Official Review: A Christmas Secret by Candace Gayland Hall

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Christmas Secret" by Candace Gayland Hall.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Christmas Secret is a children’s book by Candace Gayland Hall. Join Donner, Cupid, Dasher, Prancer, Comet, Vixen, and Blitzen as they get ready for Christmas. Whilst they are handing out presents, they notice a black figure crying in the snow. Upon closer look, they discover that it is a lost kitten. They decide to take the kitten back to the North Pole and look after it. What happens when the kitten goes missing one day? Will they be able to find it?

This was a great read. It really put me in the mood for Christmas. The cover of the book is magical and beautiful. It was the reason that I picked the book in the first place. The story itself is very creative and fun! I know children will enjoy reading it. The language is not difficult to read, so young children will be able to read it by themselves. Alongside the text, there are also adorable, colourful illustrations. These illustrations bring the story to life!

The story contains the famous reindeers that we all know and love. So, it’s exciting to read about the adventures they get up to. The author’s descriptive writing throughout makes it seem like you are there. Children will feel like they are transported to the North Pole!

There are many valuable lessons that can be learnt from this story. For example, it teaches the importance of helping others who are in need. In the book, the reindeers, mice, and elves work together to make sure the poor kitten is looked after. The kitten represents the less fortunate. It’s important to remember that not everyone is able to celebrate Christmas, and so it’s a great time to give to those who don’t have much.

There was nothing that I disliked about the book. All the characters are lovable and fun. The story flowed smoothly. At only 37 pages, it is a quick read.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was a great read. I found no mistakes, so it is professionally edited. I highly recommend it to children aged 6-11. This is an excellent book to teach children the true meaning of Christmas.

A Christmas Secret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Luluwa79
Favorite Book: Peter and the Parachute
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
Latest Review: Peter and the Parachute by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning

Post by Luluwa79 »

The title and the cover picture is fascinating.
Thanks for the review.
Always seek God in all your dealings and He will help you find the right path.
Vannaskivt
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 803
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vannaskivt.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Vannaskivt »

Thank you for this review. My kids would love this to prepare for the holidays and it sounds like the pictures are just as interesting as the story.
S_hreya
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-hreya.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by S_hreya »

It seems like a beautiful book! Christmas is approaching and I'd suggest my younger sister to read this. Thanks :)
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

The book sounds like a perfect read for this time of the year. Great review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Tarilan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Tarilan »

I agree with you. When I saw the book cover, Christmas mood set in. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”