Official Review: Sock Lobsters by Michelle Bulriss

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3059
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Arc by M. E. Lange

Re: Official Review: Sock Lobsters by Michelle Bulriss

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Sebastian and Lola sound interesting, especially the opposing views of life. We all need help dealing with grief, and this is definitely a must-read for everyone. Many thanks for the review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Latest Review: Arc by M. E. Lange
Sargam Talreja
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Way of the Goddess
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sargam-talreja.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Sargam Talreja »

This delightful tale about a pair of lobster socks beautifully captures two unique life perspectives and illustrates their interconnectedness. I'm eager to share this story with my little one. Thanks for the informative review.
Nancy004
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nancy004 »

Sock Lobsters, Michelle Bulriss's charming children's book, sensitively navigates grief through magical sock characters, Lola and Sebastian. The story's wisdom, appealing illustrations, and relatable themes make it a delightful read for both children and adults, fostering understanding and resilience.
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: The Great Migration
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 120%

Post by Tejas Koli »

"After reading this heartwarming review, 'Sock Lobsters' by Michelle Bulriss is on my must-read list! The magical tale of talking socks, Sebastian and Lola, not only captures the imagination of children but also beautifully navigates the stages of grief. I appreciate the author's skill in illustrating complex emotions for young readers and the relatable wisdom it holds for adults. The inclusion of realistic characters, especially the grandmother, adds depth to the story. With an enthusiastic four out of four stars and no errors found, I'm excited to embark on this delightful journey filled with comfort, humor, and life lessons. 🌟🧦
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

What an intriguing concept to teach children about grief! Sebastian and Lola’s story sounds fun and impactful. Congrats on the BOTD!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Abhilasha Abhi
Currently Reading: The Frazzled Parent
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhilasha-abhi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Abhilasha Abhi »

Michelle Bulriss has written a fantastic and unique children's book called Sock Lobsters. A well-written and entertaining book for kids that will teach them the difference between positive and negative ideas in life. I appreciate your review. Despite being a children's book with two talking socks, this is a significant story. It's wonderful that there are books that help kids deal with challenging emotions. Congratulations on your BOTD!
Gloria M 3
Currently Reading: Reflections: Words From the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Gloria M 3 »

This is a simple and brief review it gives a welcoming environment to the kids reading about talking stocks, kids being more imaginative it would be a great catch to teach them about the good and bad side of things, a good ending makes it more fun because we don't want to see kids sulking after hurting their little feelings. Thanks
Gloria M 3
Currently Reading: Reflections: Words From the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Gloria M 3 »

This is a simple and brief review it gives a welcoming environment to the kids reading about talking stocks, kids being more imaginative it would be a great catch to teach them about the good and bad side of things, a good ending makes it more fun because we don't want to see kids sulking after hurting their little feelings. Thanks
harbarsoul
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by harbarsoul »

Awesome, tbh this is amazing I actually read this with my younger siblings, now they keep demanding for more of this..
Now I understand clearly somethings about this life.
More knowledge to you.. More ink to your pen.

This is astonishing
Anaïs Quesson
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-s-quesson.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Anaïs Quesson »

I want lobster socks!! I'm glad to read this book has a happy ending; I suppose the socks get reunited in the end. This is a good way to teach grief to young children. Thank you for this compelling review!
Anaïs - she/her

"No nightingales. You idiot. We could have been... us."
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis

Post by Michael Gambo »

The brevity of the book is a significant deterrent for me, as it doesn't provide enough substance to capture my interest. The sample lacks an inviting quality in its wording; just as I began to engage with the content, it abruptly concluded, leaving me with no opportunity to continue.
I believe in something greater than myself.
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

The author is genius to come up with this idea of teaching about loss and grief. I love it! Thank you for the review, I'm glad adults can learn from the book too.
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Quite wonderful children’s book "Sock Lobsters" by Michelle Bulriss. The story is about an elderly lady knitting a pair of socks that look like lobsters and these socks can talk. The unique story makes the book appealing.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This seems like a lovely children's book about two talking socks who look like lobsters. It seems like the author has done a wonderful job illustrating important ideas, such as emotions and loss. Thanks for an informative review, and congrats to the author on BOTD 😊
Karen Partridge F Mann
Currently Reading: Before The Storm
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen-partridge-f-mann.html
Latest Review: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial by Thad G. Long

Post by Karen Partridge F Mann »

I read the description on Amazon and some reviews. I am glad that a important subject as this is written for children. I would like to read the book myself. Congratulations to the author for making book of the day. Thank you dear author for writing your book on such an important subject.

Return to “Children's Books”