Official Review: A Day of Pride: A Children's Book that C...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Official Review: A Day of Pride: A Children's Book that C...

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Day of Pride: A Children's Book that Celebrates Diversity, Equality and Tolerance!" by Roy Youldous-Raiss.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The equality of all people regardless of their gender, religion, race, culture, nationality, and sexual orientation is an important topic that needs to be addressed. It is very important to teach children about these values. It would be good to teach children from an early age to understand and respect diversity. A Day of Pride: A Children's Book that Celebrates Diversity, Equality and Tolerance! by Roy Youldous-Raiss is a book that shows the importance of equality and diversity among people in a fun and unique way.

In this book, the author describes in verse the joy and excitement of celebrating LGBTQ rights. The celebration takes place in Tel Aviv. At the heart of this story is Miss Rainbow watching the entire celebration. She is portrayed as a supernatural figure who ensures that everyone is happy and that no one feels neglected or less valuable. The author portrays different characters and describes the various activities that take place during the day. The book is full of colorful and vibrant illustrations depicting the whole story.

I really like the illustrations in this book. They perfectly show the details of the story. I also like that there is a rhyme in every verse. The story is very melodic because of the rhyme, and I think this aspect will make reading a lot easier for the children. I also like the message that is conveyed to the children. The author manages to emphasize the importance of equality, solidarity, diversity, and tolerance in an original and intriguing way.

There is nothing in the book that I do not like. Each segment of the story is well defined. The pictorial and textual part are in balance. Although it conveys a serious and important message, the book is very fun and imaginative.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book is truly a breath of fresh air. I would recommend this book to parents who want to teach their children about the importance of human equality. I would also recommend it to anyone who supports LGBTQ rights. I did not encounter any grammatical errors.

A Day of Pride: A Children's Book that Celebrates Diversity, Equality and Tolerance!
View: on Bookshelves
Etienneza
Currently Reading: The Ancestor's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etienneza.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Etienneza »

A book that needs to be included in school libraries. A children's book with wisdom and food for thought on every page. Images communicate to children with stronger visual recall and words to those that prefer audio. As parental roles change and society embraces changes in legislation that protect the rights of all citizens, children need to understand the new perspectives and learn to navigate the new mindsets. Parents , councilors, youth leaders, teachers and guardians need to take the initial constructive steps for goal achievement.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

This book is so rich in knowledge and the moral values are impeccable. I believe every child needs to read this and imbibe the morals in it because we need to catch them young. Thanks for an insightful review.P
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

This is a helpful book to raise awareness about diversity, equality, and tolerance. Is there a recommended age for children? Thanks for the insights.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

Etienneza wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 16:26 A book that needs to be included in school libraries. A children's book with wisdom and food for thought on every page. Images communicate to children with stronger visual recall and words to those that prefer audio. As parental roles change and society embraces changes in legislation that protect the rights of all citizens, children need to understand the new perspectives and learn to navigate the new mindsets. Parents , councilors, youth leaders, teachers and guardians need to take the initial constructive steps for goal achievement.
I couldn’t agree more because this is something we need to talk about more in life and our children need to hear it even more so that they grow up with it
This is very necessary
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 23:37 This book is so rich in knowledge and the moral values are impeccable. I believe every child needs to read this and imbibe the morals in it because we need to catch them young. Thanks for an insightful review.P
It definitely raises awareness for our children. They will learn not to discriminate for any reason
I love that this was written

Return to “Children's Books”