Official Review: Alice in God's Wonderland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Alice in God's Wonderland

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Alice in God's Wonderland" by Clark and Lourine Gist.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Alice in God’s Wonderland by Clark and Lourine Gist is a children’s book about a young girl named Alice and her adventure in God’s world, where she meets new creatures and learns valuable lessons. The tone in the text is pleasant, light-hearted, and positive, while there are plenty of colorful illustrations in the book, which add beauty and variety to it.

The authors begin this story by writing about a girl named Alice who enjoys herself at the beach with her cat, who is called Dinah. She sees a rabbit running down a hole in a tree, and she decides to follow him. Suddenly, she falls down a hole, being transferred to another place, as she sees many mysterious doors that have keys on them. A rabbit unlocks a door, but Dinah follows him, and Alice does not reach the door in time. So, she is now alone staring at many unopened doors. Where will she go? Who can help her?

This story was beautiful in several ways. Firstly, I did not encounter any objective grammar mistakes in the text, therefore I concluded that this book was exceptionally edited. Moreover, the book was rationally and cohesively structured, as I was able to easily follow the story’s development with no confusion. What I liked most about the story was that it had many vivid, lively, and bright-colored images, meaning that children will be engaged while reading this book.

What I disliked most about this book was that the storyline was slightly cliché, so some readers may find it unoriginal.

This book will be liked mainly by children who like reading tales and stories involving animals. The story is written with a Christian point of view, as there are some references to the Bible, so Christian readers are the best-suited religious audience for this book.

In summary, I rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give it a lower rating because it was outstandingly edited, wonderfully structured, and artistically illustrated. However, I could not give it a perfect score due to the cliché plot of the story.

Alice in God's Wonderland
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

I completely agree with the reviewer concerning the storyline of this book, it’s a bit unoriginal and I would have loved to see a bit more creativity however the book has a lot more going for it and it’s targeted towards children who might not mind that it’s a bit derivative so despite storyline I think this will still be a good read as one might also be curious to see how differently the storyline was put together.
Joy Phill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-phill.html
Latest Review: Megan and the Broken Snowflake Factory by Karla Ridpath

Post by Joy Phill »

Children might probably not bother about it being cliché though. I enjoyed reading through your review. Well done.
Heidadela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidadela.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Heidadela »

However, the author could have been a little bit creative. The story sounds similar to the popular 'Alice in Wonderland'. The scenes are the same as well. I would not have minded a different original plot. All the same, I am sure children will enjoy the book. Thank you for a wonderful review.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

The title of the book fascinated me and i said to myself “i have to see what this book is about” and i am happy to say i was not disappointed.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I agree with you on the unoriginal plot of the story. This book has great illustrations, language, and structure. But it is not original in any sense. So, it was right of you to hold back one star because of this.
MARJORIE obeso
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marjorie-obeso.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by MARJORIE obeso »

Alice In God's Wonderland is about a young girl named Alice and her adventure in God's world, also I agree that the plot is an unoriginal story even it was beautiful in several ways to those children's have the fun of reading books.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

I always heard about Alice in wonderland so, when I read the title of this book I definitely want to know its content and how Alice ended up in God's world. Great review.

Return to “Children's Books”