Official Review: Rainbow's Promise by Mary Clark Dalton

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Caro Banks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caro-banks.html
Latest Review: Aaron's Story - One Wrong Turn by Carol Engler

Official Review: Rainbow's Promise by Mary Clark Dalton

Post by Caro Banks »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rainbow's Promise" by Mary Clark Dalton.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you in expectation of something that keeps getting delayed? Do you feel left behind by your peers? Is your patience fast running out? You might have much to learn from Rainbow in Rainbow's Promise by Mary Clark Dalton.

Rainbow is a caterpillar who yearns to become a big, beautiful, and strong butterfly. All his classmates have become butterflies and are enjoying the adventurous life of a butterfly. All he gets is much teasing and feeding on leaves. Rainbow's patience is fast running out. He constantly checks the mirror for wings growth. Thankfully, Rainbow's mother shows him a way to cope with his situation and enjoy life.

Rainbow's Promise has been excellently written. Simple words and short sentences make up the narrative. Each page has beautiful rainbow colors in its background. The narrative is also descriptive and interesting. The illustrations which were done by Micheal J. Fuller were bright, colorful, and beautiful. They are also comical enough to capture the attention and interest of kids. My favorite illustration is that of Rainbow checking the mirror.

Mary Clark has included several valuable lessons for children to learn. For instance, after an encounter with the ant, Rainbow said 'We were both created to be what we are and shouldn't question why... We should find the good in ourselves and look for the things that only we can do.'

What I love most about this book is the development of characters. The characterization of Rainbow was awesome. His thoughts and actions were childlike and innocent. I have absolutely no dislikes about this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was awesomely edited. I really enjoyed reading about Rainbow and how he overcame his problem. Children between the ages of 3 and 8 years will find the book appealing and the illustrations attractive.

Rainbow's Promise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Joy Phill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-phill.html
Latest Review: Megan and the Broken Snowflake Factory by Karla Ridpath

Post by Joy Phill »

A well articulated book. I hope my niece finds it attractive. Thanks for your review.
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

Sounds lovely, and it sure contains a valuable lesson for everyone. I love that phrase you quoted from the book. Thanks for the insightful review.
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

This sounds like a colorful, interesting, and educational children's book. Thank you for your engaging review on this lovely work!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

There are a lot of children that feel like Rainbow, so this educational book is very helpful. Thank you for this insightful review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a great book for children, for parents who like to read to their little children, and as a gift to a child. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

I love children's books because the messages they contain aren't limited to any age range. Thank you for the lovely review!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I love the theme in the book as most children can relate to it. The beautiful pictures are a plus too. Thanks for a great review!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Thank you for a great review! It's very important for a children's book to be educational!
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

This book really helps children in their problems and effects of peer pressure. That is one of the biggest problems faced by children today. Society needs to acknowledge it more and realize it to be a true problem that needs a viable solution.

Return to “Children's Books”