Official Review: How much I Love You by Valerie Hewitt

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Official Review: How much I Love You by Valerie Hewitt

Post by ciecheesemeister »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How much I Love You" by Valerie Hewitt.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How Much I Love You is a children’s book written by Valerie Hewitt and illustrated by Vanessa Solis. This beautifully illustrated story is about the affection that a mother has for her three daughters. The mother’s love for her daughters encourages the three sisters to love one another.

The story is easy to read, and the chunky bubble-style white text stands out in vivid contrast to the colorful background. All children could appreciate the story, but I feel that it might hold a special appeal for girls because of the mother-daughter and sisterly bonds depicted. The fact that the three girls genuinely enjoy one another’s company is heartwarming.

There was nothing that I disliked about this charming story. However, there was one error in the text that was repeated twice. The author used the word “pass” where the word “past” would have been the more appropriate choice.

“I love you pass the sun.”

“I love you pass the beach and all the water and the little grains of sand.”

Because of this word choice, I am not sure that the book was professionally edited. This small issue does not negatively impact the book’s overall readability. The images of the smiling girls running and playing, and the lovely backgrounds are sure to delight both children and adults. The simplicity of the story makes the book an excellent learning tool for young readers.

The story is sweet and inspiring with a simple rhyming scheme, and the illustrations are simply gorgeous. The issue I have with the text is minuscule and I don’t feel that readers should pass up the book because of it. However, the brevity of the book combined with the repetition of this issue prompts me to regretfully give the story three out of four stars. If this issue were corrected, How Much I Love You would easily earn a four-star rating.

How much I Love You
View: on Bookshelves
zulfiyya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zulfiyya.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by zulfiyya »

This sounds like a super cute book for children and I really like the illustration on the cover!
LeighBee
Currently Reading: Mistborn
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leighbee.html
Latest Review: To Own Two Suns by F. E. Tabor

Post by LeighBee »

How sweet. A good friend of mine just had her third daughter. I love the colorful illustration. I will have to recommend this to her. Thank you for your review!
olum anyango
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by olum anyango »

What an interesting book to read especially for the young girls .I give it a thumbs up.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

Although repetition was sited as a negative aspect to this book, i feel like it is important when teaching children. Its all about reinforcing the good lessons over and over again. This review is a great insight into the book and what it holds.

Return to “Children's Books”